EDH/Commander

Suggestion about new game mode (campaign, EDH, etc...)
malakav

EDH/Commander

Post by malakav »

I have seen posts related to this request, but they are from last year at the most, seeing we're almost half of year 2012, I was wondering if this mode was already included in the latest version of WTH, if there is how do i unlock it, if not, well just tell me so
sandman423

Re: EDH/Commander

Post by sandman423 »

EDH would be AWSOME
KattLatt

Post by KattLatt »

malakav wrote:I have seen posts related to this request, but they are from last year at the most, seeing we're almost half of year 2012, I was wondering if this mode was already included in the latest version of WTH, if there is how do i unlock it, if not, well just tell me so
On the note of EDH and commander format play once I get a new laptop I will be trying to code that as well as booster drafting and a few custom sets. I also plan to finish a few sets that were started but never completed. Anyone interested in helping please keep checking my posts and pm me when I post that I'm in production mode ^,^
In response to your declared attackers I pay {2}, {R} to cast "Rage Quit". GG...
gothx

Post by gothx »

Hello,

I have started a game mode that is similar to commander and I am looking for help to code some cards and also help to improve the game mode.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=66101

Enjoy :)
Bas

Post by Bas »

Some development thought for commander; from a logical point of view and what could POSSIBLY be done with current WTH engine:

trigger @begin game: search your library for a creature or planeswalker card.
Put the card into the graveyard - put it into another zone (suspend? exile?) internally - AFAIK other zones can't be displayed within the GUI yet, so graveyard has to do the work.
Or just note internally the card of the name.
Dunno, give it something like flashback and put it back into the graveyard each time even after it got "flashbacked" (or "cast from graveyard in general")? Increase an internal variable by 1/2 each time and adjust mana costs.

Lifepoints 40 is no issue at all.

Did I miss anything else?

I don't have the skills to code that yet, but if someone is willing and able to, go ahead!
Forums are down atm.

Please join the discord server in order to not miss stuff and be reachable:
https://discord.gg/JHK5pVaK5p

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
sandman423

Post by sandman423 »

I would love EDH on Wagic...Currently I just make 100 card decks including 4 copies of my general and I play the other decks...but it can be brutal versing a red deck who kills me with only 20 life.

but I do enjoy only making 100 card decks in Wagic.
Bas

Post by Bas »

Actually, it is very easy to create a game mode where yuo start with 40 instead of 20 life, already did that one for me.
Forums are down atm.

Please join the discord server in order to not miss stuff and be reachable:
https://discord.gg/JHK5pVaK5p

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)