Network PvP competition

Suggestion about new game mode (campaign, EDH, etc...)
Krychek

Network PvP competition

Post by Krychek »

Building a deck yestarday and after reading a post about a "unbeatable" Blaze-elf deck, this fun idea came up to me.

What is it?

This is, hopefully, a bag full of fun for everyone involved (plagiarism... :D ). Really, its a competition between the community members, like a real wagic tournment!

How can be possible?

Its easy, using an external application(pc only), for net play. However, its a WAGIC tourney, so rules will be adapted as wagic ones (eg: no mana burn, however this and others could be discussed). The card pool will be Wagic 0.11.1 pool, vintage format, and so.
Matches would be scheduled between players, ergo the tournament would last a couple of weeks.

I will listen to opinions and recommendations, hope you excited about the idea and join!

:mrgreen:

[EDIT ABRA - renamed & moved]
Saint

Re: How about a "Real" PvP Wagic competition?

Post by Saint »

Has been discussed before but for PSP aswell, we need an opensource network library to rip off and then you could netplay and the options would be limitless, Wololo doesen't feel like writing one himself (as far as i know) so if you can find a opensource psp game with network options it can be ripped from there and then you can easially link it to the windows versions etc.
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
Saint

Post by Saint »

Has to be PSP compatible but i'll PM Wololo see what he thinks.
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
Saint

Post by Saint »

Talked about it with Wololo, there zero to none programmers to take on the project at the moment, if you can create a patch for wagic with network mode based on the libs posted above they will be added to wagic, otherwise it might take a while.