[ISSUE 432] Echo do not work correctly

Known bugs and issues not yet fixed are moved to this section. Please do not post cards bugs here post them in the current version bug topic.
KF1

[ISSUE 432] Echo do not work correctly

Post by KF1 »

I'm having trouble with the Echo cost...

[card]
name=Radiant's Dragoons
auto=upcost[{3}{W},next upkeep] moveTo(graveyard)
auto=life:5
text=text=Echo {3}{W} (At the beginning of your upkeep, if this came under your control since the beginning of your last upkeep, sacrifice it unless you pay its echo cost.) -- When Radiant's Dragoons comes into play, gain 5 life.
mana={3}{W}
type=Creature
subtype=Soldiers
power=2
toughness=5
[/card] Echo cost happens more than once.

Help please...

[EDIT ABRA : Renamed & Moved, there is an open ticket for this one now]
Dr.Solomat

Re: Radiant's Dragoons - Discussion

Post by Dr.Solomat »

[card]
name=Radiant's Dragoons
auto=upcost[{3}{W},next upkeep] moveTo(graveyard)
text=Echo {3}{W} (At the beginning of your upkeep, if this came under your control since the beginning of your last upkeep, sacrifice it unless you pay its echo cost.) -- When Radiant's Dragoons enters the battlefield, you gain 5 life.
mana={3}{W}
type=Creature
subtype=Human Soldier
power=2
toughness=5
[/card]

All cards with echo have been added long time ago and will be in the next release...

I will check Dragoon'S again.
Sets Coded/Released: Legends, Visions, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Portal I & III, Urza's Saga BLOCK, Mercadian Masques, Invasion BLOCK, Mirrodin, Ravnica, Guildpact, Conflux, Alara Reborn
Dr.Solomat

Post by Dr.Solomat »

I have to confirm that Echo does not work anymore!!!!! :(

I will post that in the SVN, thx for reporting!
Sets Coded/Released: Legends, Visions, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Portal I & III, Urza's Saga BLOCK, Mercadian Masques, Invasion BLOCK, Mirrodin, Ravnica, Guildpact, Conflux, Alara Reborn
KF1

Post by KF1 »

Bump for news... Is Echo working again?
KF1

Post by KF1 »

I just tested Radiant Dragoons with WTH12.0 and echo still doesn't seem to be working correctly.

On turn four I cast Radiant Dragoons, I get 5 life.
On turn five I pay the Echo cost at upkeep, no problem.
On turn six, I don't pay the Echo cost at upkeep and Radiant Dragoons goes to my graveyard. I know that is not supposed to happen.
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

To follow this issue you can have a look at the bug tracker for this specific issue : http://code.google.com/p/wagic/issues/detail?id=425

As long as you don't see an update in the above mentioned tracker, then that mean nothing has been done yet..

I will evtl. Move this topic to the "open issue" I recently created to discuss about this specific issue.

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
KF1

Post by KF1 »

Thanks for the heads up Abra. :)
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

heres a workaround for the echo issue. but then again this is a super old post and might have been adressed already either way it can be used as refference for code help on things you only want to happen once and a side effect for not doing what it ask.

[card]
name=Radiant's Dragoons
auto= counter(0/0,1,echo)
auto=@next myupkeep: {3}{W}:counter(0/0,-1,echo) limit:1
auto=@next mydraw: bury all(Radiant's Dragoons[counter{0/0.1.echo}]|myBattlefield)
text=text=Echo {3}{W} (At the beginning of your upkeep, if this came under your control since the beginning of your last upkeep, sacrifice it unless you pay its echo cost.) -- When Radiant's Dragoons comes into play, gain 5 life.
mana={3}{W}
type=Creature
subtype=Soldiers
power=2
toughness=5
[/card]

it even slaps a nice little counter on it called echo to remind you not to speed through the next turn...even a pop up reminding you "counter" is on the creature :P it only trigger on the next turn so after that no more warnings...

just checked, its fixed in new templete
KF1

Post by KF1 »

Zethfox wrote:heres a workaround for the echo issue. but then again this is a super old post and might have been adressed already either way it can be used as refference for code help on things you only want to happen once and a side effect for not doing what it ask.

[card]
name=Radiant's Dragoons
auto= counter(0/0,1,echo)
auto=@next myupkeep: {3}{W}:counter(0/0,-1,echo) limit:1
auto=@next mydraw: bury all(Radiant's Dragoons[counter{0/0.1.echo}]|myBattlefield)
mana={3}{W}
type=Creature
subtype=Soldiers
power=2
toughness=5
[/card]

it even slaps a nice little counter on it called echo to remind you not to speed through the next turn...even a pop up reminding you "counter" is on the creature :P it only trigger on the next turn so after that no more warnings...

just checked, its fixed in new templete
Cool fix but what new template?
Dr.Solomat

Post by Dr.Solomat »

The bug concerning cards with echo has been fixed the last days. Wagic 0.12.1 has been released today, too. There it is also fixed.