[Issue 247] Trophies room background Bug

Known bugs and issues not yet fixed are moved to this section. Please do not post cards bugs here post them in the current version bug topic.
Inquisitom

[Issue 247] Trophies room background Bug

Post by Inquisitom »

Hello,

Just to explain a bug which is existing in 0.10.1 & also the SVN of 22 Feb 2010 at least, which I DL, compiled and tested.
When entering into the Trophies room, looking at the cards in the sets, back in game, playing 3 or more games, back in trophies room, the background picture is usually not displayed, and we can see a nice black screen instead. But the trophies themselves (the pngs) are displayed properly.

Not a big bug, but an annoying display glitch :( - I really like going to Trophies room.
wololo
Site Admin

Re: Trophies room background Bug 0.10.1 & SVN

Post by wololo »

Thanks, you can follow the discussion on that specific bug here:
http://code.google.com/p/wagic/issues/detail?id=247
Jeck

Post by Jeck »

Yes, that's a tricky bug... but I'm glad to hear you like the trophy room. What do you do there most, and what kind of things are you interested in seeing there? One of my priorities for next release is integrating D32's task system with the trophy room, but I'm always willing to listen to additional ideas :)
flad_nag

Post by flad_nag »

Not sure if you already read this in the other topics:

just a thought, an enhancement request perhaps:

in the trophy room, wherein you can view/read the cards of each sets --> how about enabling an option of viewing also those cards not supported by wagic?

example: for ZENDIKAR set, you have 161 cards coded by Wagic and all of those cards can be seen in the trophy room. But all in all, ZENDIKAR set has about 270 cards (i think). It would be great to view also the other (270 minus 161) cards for reference, reading, enjoyment purposes.

With that, I can conceptualize my real hard copy deck anytime anywhere w/ my psp. What do you guys think?
Jeck

Post by Jeck »

I have, though thanks for bringing it to my attention again. It's a good idea, but like I recall Wololo saying it would require some fiddling with the engine that makes it somewhat not worthwhile at the moment. It also means keeping useless cards in memory, which would possibly result in more bugs like the one this thread started about.

Still, I like the idea, and will keep it in mind for the future.
NyghtcrawleR

Re: Bugs 0.11.1

Post by NyghtcrawleR »

I have a few problems with the trophy room.

1. Sometimes the bg image drops out and is just black when going into the room.
2. Sometimes after unlocking a new trophy I cant access the room from the main screen without rebooting
3. Sometimes it freezes when entering the trophy room (less frequent)
"Real Magic" Graphic Mod & Image sets: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=318
Saint

Post by Saint »

NyghtcrawleR wrote:I have a few problems with the trophy room.

1. Sometimes the bg image drops out and is just black when going into the room.
2. Sometimes after unlocking a new trophy I cant access the room from the main screen without rebooting
3. Sometimes it freezes when entering the trophy room (less frequent)
Hmm haven't had those before, are you running a SVN or the normal 0.11.1?
Only crash bug I found in the normal version is that wen you've been playing a while, go to the options menu and try to switch to user options it crashes.
If your running the normal version the bug might have been fixed in the SVN but i'm not sure because I never had any problems with a bug like that myself. (sidenote question, are you running it from a CFW or the HBL? Might be a HBL bug only.)
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
NyghtcrawleR

Post by NyghtcrawleR »

I am running 0.11.1 and on cfw not hbl.

Ive had this problem in previous releases as well. I wonder if the image dropping tendency has goes up with the more custom images you have for trophies?
Saint

Post by Saint »

NyghtcrawleR wrote:I am running 0.11.1 and on cfw not hbl.

Ive had this problem in previous releases as well. I wonder if the image dropping tendency has goes up with the more custom images you have for trophies?
Not that i know of, if your running GEN though it slows down on homebrew enormously, M33 is more homebrew compatible, idk how the (possible) new 6.20 or 6.10 CFW will be but GEN has a sucky HBL.

If your running M33, are you running 5.00m33-6?
If so i'm clueless because I myself have no problems like that what so ever (besides the lockdown on the options menu).
Then maybe someone else knows, if not try redownloading WTH maybe you got a corruption while downloading (happens on a rare base on slow connections, even more rare on fast connections (No clue were your from, in some countries downloads are strapped on a turtle and arrive some random workday lol))
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
NyghtcrawleR

Post by NyghtcrawleR »

I run m33-6.

I also have been using wagic for a long time and like I said its been in past releases that its happened too, so its not the dl.

The only thing I could think of is after changing all the bg images and adding the trophies for all the set unlocks if that might have something to do with it....