Goblin Piledriver (Working & Added)

Card coding that have been confirmed working and added to the SVN are moved in this forum. Do not post here.
Th1rte3n

Goblin Piledriver (Working & Added)

Post by Th1rte3n »

So I've wanted the old piley driver for a while, and I spent a while trying to get it to work right...I had a borderline working version but then I simplified it a bit and as far as I can tell it works fine.

Code: Select all

[card]
name=Goblin Piledriver
abilities=protection from blue
auto=lord(goblin piledriver[attacking]|myBattlefield) foreach(other goblin[attacking]|myBattlefield) 2/0
auto=lord(goblin piledriver[attacking]|myBattlefield) foreach(other goblin[attacking]|myBattlefield) -2/0 other
mana={1}{R}
type=Creature
subtype=Goblin Warrior
power=1
toughness=2
[/card]
They power up correctly with 2, 3, or 4 attacking...they don't mess with the attack power of nonattacking piledrivers (that was my old problem)...as far as I can tell it's 100%
lozanogo

Re: Goblin Piledriver - Requires Confirmation

Post by lozanogo »

If after attacking the piledriver gets back its original power (1), then it should work fine. Have you tried to test it with more than one piledriver at a time?
Dr.Solomat

Post by Dr.Solomat »

Goblin Piledriver does not get back its old power when combat is over...this is the only - but mentionable - problem i see here. We have to say that this is a problem of the engine and not of the code submitted above.
Sets Coded/Released: Legends, Visions, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Portal I & III, Urza's Saga BLOCK, Mercadian Masques, Invasion BLOCK, Mirrodin, Ravnica, Guildpact, Conflux, Alara Reborn
lozanogo

Post by lozanogo »

Dr.Solomat wrote:Goblin Piledriver does not get back its old power when combat is over...this is the only - but mentionable - problem i see here. We have to say that this is a problem of the engine and not of the code submitted above.
Dr. Solomat, maybe this line could work for getting back the old power:

auto= @each my combatends: lord(goblin piledriver[attacking]|myBattlefield) foreach(other goblin[attacking]|myBattlefield) -2/0

what do you think?
Th1rte3n

Post by Th1rte3n »

I went and tested this again, all my piledrivers were correctly returning to their former attack power after combat. My deck is nothing but 10 piledrivers, 10 warchiefs, and 10 mountains...and I cannot find a way to make piledriver not work right now. Attacking with 3 and 1 benched works fine, attacking with 5 works fine, attacking with 2 and canceling one of them works...

Because the code only affects attacking piledrivers, once they are not attacking their attack power is correctly returning back to normal. If anyone wants to test the actual code I posted you should find that it works, unless I posted it wrong somehow, because mine is working 100%
sandman423

Post by sandman423 »

I want Goblin Warchief..

How can I add it to 12.1 Wagic??

What is the code?
Th1rte3n

Post by Th1rte3n »

sandman423 wrote:I want Goblin Warchief..

How can I add it to 12.1 Wagic??

What is the code?
You need to update to the latest revision for Warchief to work...

http://wololo.net/miki/index.php/Wagic/Compiling

Just follow the instructions in that link and you'll be good to go.
sandman423

Post by sandman423 »

would it be possible to get the Code so I could put it into my Primitives in my PSP Wagic 12.1???

I would love to get code for...

Goblin Warchief
Goblin Ringleader

I have never built a Goblin deck before, but it is the fastest deck I have ever made...Winning on Turn 3 and 4 consistently is AWSOMe
Th1rte3n

Post by Th1rte3n »

sandman423 wrote:would it be possible to get the Code so I could put it into my Primitives in my PSP Wagic 12.1???

I would love to get code for...

Goblin Warchief
Goblin Ringleader

I have never built a Goblin deck before, but it is the fastest deck I have ever made...Winning on Turn 3 and 4 consistently is AWSOMe
12.1, the official release version, doesn't support reduced casting costs, so Warchief will just be a watered down Goblin Chieftain. If you want Warchief you'll have to update to the latest revision following the link I posted. If you do, your mtg.txt will have Warchief already and you won't need the code. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for the next official release.
Th1rte3n

Post by Th1rte3n »

Has anyone else actually tested the code I posted? Pretty sure it works 100% (power returns to normal when they are not attacking) and it would be awesome to see piledriver in wagic since he's one of the best goblins :)