Raging Ravine (Working & Added)

Card coding that have been confirmed working and added to the SVN are moved in this forum. Do not post here.
KF1

Raging Ravine (Working & Added)

Post by KF1 »

One more card for today and then off to sleep...

Code: Select all

[card]
name=Raging Ravine
auto=tap
auto={T}:Add{R}
auto={T}:Add{G}
auto={2}{R}{G}:becomes(Elemental Creature,3/3,red,green) ueot
auto=aslongas(Raging Ravine[attacking]|mybattlefield):counter(1/1,1)
text=Raging Ravine enters the battlefield tapped. -- {T}: Add {R} or {G} to your mana pool. -- {2}{R}{G}: Until end of turn, Raging Ravine becomes a 3/3 red and green Elemental creature with "Whenever this creature attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on it." It's still a land. 
type=Land
[/card]
Zethfox

Re: Raging Ravine -Worldwake (Discussion)

Post by Zethfox »

auto=@each my blockers:counter(1/1,1) all(Raging Ravine[attacking]|mybattlefield) && counter(1/1,-1) all(other Raging Ravine[attacking]|mybattlefield)

this would actually be the correct countering code in wagics current system, only probelm and what im going to look into correcting is that "becomes" over rides all P/T...im going to see what i can do about adding a P/T or possibly allow for things to become just types, currently if you "becomes" something into a creature and dont include the P/T it will crash the game, i intend to try and fix that
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

ok so im working on an ability called transform...right now it can add types, color, turn things into creatures without crashing the game if P/T isnt included ect, i have this card coded as follows

[card]
name=Raging Ravine
auto=tap
auto={2}{R}{G}:transform(Elemental Creature,red,green)
auto=@each my blockers:counter(1/1,1) all(Raging Ravine[attacking]|mybattlefield) && counter(1/1,-1) all(other Raging Ravine[attacking]|mybattlefield)
text=Raging Ravine enters the battlefield tapped. -- {T}: Add {R} or {G} to your mana pool. -- {2}{R}{G}: Until end of turn, Raging Ravine becomes a 3/3 red and green Elemental creature with "Whenever this creature attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on it." It's still a land.
type=Land
power=3
toughness=3
[/card]

about becomes vs transform...becomes is still 100% needed transform is not to be meant as a replacement for becomes...transform simply allow the additions of types...like lord(creature|mybattlefield) transform(sliver) for cards like

Hivestone (2)
Artifact
Creatures you control are Slivers in addition to their other creature types.

is now 100% codable with this code im working on. infact i just coded it and it works PERFECTLY

[card]
name=Hivestone
auto=lord(creature|mybattlefield) transform(sliver)
type=artifact
mana={2}
[/card]

that alone is a milestone achievement....as before trying becomes(sliver) would result in a crash so hard that the error report doesnt even pop up.

just debating on if i should add the ability to remove types from a card or remove abilitys cards have using transform...ill work on it, currently we dont have a remove ability keyword, it might be tough but ill figure it out.

eventually transform might end up replacing becomes...currently the way becomes works it uses WTP which is also what target creature gets +1/+1 uses to determine what the creature should be getting...the probelm with that is that it completely override things like lords that might be giving your creatures bonuses, it overrides counters ect ect.

ok so i want transform to work like a becomes, without P/T requirement, but instead of adding basic abilities like flying, firststrike whatever...i want it to add ACTUAL abilitys...like how lord can give creatures an ability to "{t}:do stuff" from the looks of it becomes can only give standard stuff...this will be hard but worth it i think

after i get that working, ill work on getting it to remove existing type and abilities if something like -types, -abilities, is in the code...so we can code things like target land becomes a swamp. so it REALLY becomes a swamp...
kaioshin

Post by kaioshin »

Cool! With transform, I might finally get my beloved Spiritmonger working :).

Anyway, the first ability is still not working due to a bug with @damaged...So it might not work at all.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

a bug is something that can be fixed, atleast @damaged is actually in the game once i add transform you can "transform(,blue)" you need to include a comma before it currently transform uses this syntax...transform(type,color,ability)..if you dont want his type to change then you need to atleast include the comma to tell the game youre targeting his color.
....its already working 100%, but im trying to improve the ability part...i want it to allow you to give a perminent a ability like "{t}:do stuff" that would make it complete
KF1

Post by KF1 »

Zethfox,

Leave it to you to find the next Major improvement on the game coding, LOL.

Well done!
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

its in rough diamond stage, i want it to do things becomes cant, like grant abilities or take them away.
removel of colors is working in it now, so you can set a card to a card, and it loses its old one. works fine the first time you use it, but any turn after that the color does reset to its old color..either way i could just have colors work like they currently do in becomes....idk....if by tomarrow i have no solution im going to forget about removel of colors....
Dr.Solomat

Re: Raging Ravine (Working & Added)

Post by Dr.Solomat »

Raging Ravine in now part of the main game. You can already play with it on Wagic 0.13.1.

[card]
name=Raging Ravine
auto=tap
auto={2}{R}{G}:name(becomes a 3/3 Elemental Creature) && transforms(Elemental Creature,red,green) ueot
type=Land
power=3
toughness=3
[/card]
Sets Coded/Released: Legends, Visions, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Portal I & III, Urza's Saga BLOCK, Mercadian Masques, Invasion BLOCK, Mirrodin, Ravnica, Guildpact, Conflux, Alara Reborn