Visions Bounce lands (Working & Added)

Card coding that have been confirmed working and added to the SVN are moved in this forum. Do not post here.
digix

Visions Bounce lands (Working & Added)

Post by digix »

I'm not coding for addition into the SVN. I'm coding cards for people who want to use them while the devs continue coding the game such that cards I'm coding can be properly coded later while letting people play with them now. Exploitable or not, what I had posted works for those who just want to use the cards which is my aim. You want to treat everyone as if they are cheaters and cannot be trusted when it doesn't even matter. Who are they going to cheat? Another player? Hardly, this is a single player game against an average AI. Kudos on the progress you've all made and what you've put together, but players should be allowed to decide for themselves if cards that work (and what I had coded did work infinitely better compared to the crappy job that had been done and PUT IN THE OFFICIAL FILE) and put them in their own addon files. Telling people "this doesn't work" when I can tell you for play purposes something does work is feeding them misinformation.

FYI, the versions in the current mtg.txt file FORCED ME to bounce my lands EVERY SINGLE TURN. THAT is broken and NOT WORKING. The code you consider "working" (for the Visions bounce lands) is horrible and crappy, at best. If you consider that trash "good" I'm not even going to bother giving you the actual code that makes the lands work even better than what I did post which, as I stated, is light years better than the trash that I found in the official file.
Last edited by digix on Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zethfox

Re: Jungle Basin and cycle fixed (needs confm)

Post by Zethfox »

im actually surpriased that the rev lands werent removed with the "lair" land...this doesnt work...unfortunately if you dont have a land on the field you wont be forced to sac these lands...thats why the lair lands were removed from the game, cause you can pretty much exploit it if you dont have a land to return...by selecting the first option, since theres no valid target it fizzles itself and the land is placed into play.
digix

Post by digix »

The Ravnica bounce lands work fine and this is light years better than what is in the mtg.txt file.

I posted my fix and told you where there are currently located: go to work if you want to fix them yourself.

FYI, beggars cannot be choosers.
Zethfox

tested, not working.

Post by Zethfox »

This is NOT working, select the first option to move a land and if you dont actually have a land to return it still allows you to keep the Jungle Basin,Karoo,Coral Atoll,Dormant Volcano,Everglades....worse off, even if you did have the land in the battlefield to bounce, if theyre tapped, the effect fizzles and you still get to keep this land in play. if you want test suite results for it ill gladly do it also....theres your confirmation.

sacrifice it unless you return an untapped<-----is not optional

the reason the rev bounce lands work is cause it doesnt have a negitive side affect for NOT being able to return a land...it simply forces you too if you actually have one, doesnt say if you dont then "whatever" instead...

and further tested the current version of these card in SVN and altho they do have nameless "move move" options, they are currently working since you dont get to keep the special land without returning a basic land. there i went to work, found current version working with annoying "move move" menu options and your version not working.
Dr.Solomat

Post by Dr.Solomat »

I can confirm that the Visions land cycle still does not work as they should!

They stay removed from the game!
Sets Coded/Released: Legends, Visions, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Portal I & III, Urza's Saga BLOCK, Mercadian Masques, Invasion BLOCK, Mirrodin, Ravnica, Guildpact, Conflux, Alara Reborn
moxen

Re: tested, not working.

Post by moxen »

Zethfox wrote:This is NOT working, select the first option to move a land and if you dont actually have a land to return it still allows you to keep the Jungle Basin,Karoo,Coral Atoll,Dormant Volcano,Everglades....worse off, even if you did have the land in the battlefield to bounce, if theyre tapped, the effect fizzles and you still get to keep this land in play.
I think I can fix it. Who got the original codes from the mtg.txt? Can I see them?
Only those crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.

Wishlist: Sneak Attack, Through the Breach, Aluren, Serra Avatar, Goblin Piledriver
Zethfox

Re: Visions Bounce lands

Post by Zethfox »

in respondse to the editing of open post, theres a bug section in the forums, open a thread there about the bounce lands forcing a bounce every turn, they will be removed.
Dr.Solomat

Post by Dr.Solomat »

The land cycle form Visions is now removed from the main game.

When i added them several months ago, I did not test all game situations and did not write tests (old times = wild times :D )... .

They will surely be readded if someone finds a non-woraround way to code them. ;)
Sets Coded/Released: Legends, Visions, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Portal I & III, Urza's Saga BLOCK, Mercadian Masques, Invasion BLOCK, Mirrodin, Ravnica, Guildpact, Conflux, Alara Reborn
KF1

Post by KF1 »

I didn't see the Visions Bounce Lands in the Bug report forum so I'll post here.

These lands are too cool not to be fixed and readded to the game.

Moxen,

Any progress on a fix?
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

KF1 wrote:I didn't see the Visions Bounce Lands in the Bug report forum so I'll post here.

These lands are too cool not to be fixed and readded to the game.

Moxen,

Any progress on a fix?
ok so this whole situation between me and digix and this stupid ordeal with bounce lands got me pretty down because im the kind of guy that likes making friends, and actually get upset when i start feeling like someone doesnt like me very much...

so heres what i did, ive just added "bounce" as a mana cost....mana={q(whatever|wherever)} is now valid code in my wagic, ill post up a new version of the patch including this change in a bit....
i had to use "q" cause it seems like all the good letters for it are already taken.

it works exactly like sacrifice cost, youll see the word Bounce at the top....then you select whatever you decided needed to be bounced, this includes creatures, this works for activated ability cost also.

i hope Digix and i can smooth things over a bit...you said get to work and this whole thing made me do it.

added "Bounce" keyword...it can now be used as an ability also...Bounce target(whatever)
added "sacrifice" keyword... the new code for these kind of cards is

[card]
name=Jungle Basin
auto=tap
auto=bounce target(artifact|mybattlefield)
auto=sacrifice target(this|mybattlefield)
auto={T}:Add{1}{G}
text=Jungle Basin enters the battlefield tapped. -- When Jungle Basin enters the battlefield, sacrifice it unless you return an untapped Forest you control to its owner's hand. -- {T}: Add {1}{G} to your mana pool.
type=Land
[/card]

working on making certain abilities not show up if they dont have a valid target...instead of just fizzling...so you cant bypass an option and it will act more like a "OR" type ability...right now it actually saids Bounce and Sacrifice...

or you can use the {q(whatever|mybattlefield)} cost as a Bounce also...trying to work on it to act exactly as it should...its freshing to not see "move move" and actually see what your choices are...

im off to work now, ill be working on this for a while until i get it working perfect