Nirkana Revenant (Working and Added)

Card coding that have been confirmed working and added to the SVN are moved in this forum. Do not post here.
ph34rbot

Nirkana Revenant (Working and Added)

Post by ph34rbot »

Code: Select all

[card]
name=Nirkana Revenant
auto={B}:1/1
auto=@tapped(swamp|mybattlefield): add{B}
text=Whenever you tap a Swamp for mana, add {B} to your mana pool (in addition to the mana the land produces). -- {B}, Nirkana Revenant gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
mana={4}{B}{B}
type=creature
subtype=Vampire Shade
power=4
toughness=4
[/card]
Edit: Great recomendation Zethfox

EDIT ABRA: Change title from require confirmation to crappy/borderline... will probably stay so for a while...
Last edited by ph34rbot on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Zethfox

Re: Nirkana Revenant, borderline

Post by Zethfox »

why not try a trigger like" @tapped(swamp|mybattlefield): add{B} " rather then lording the ability have it trigger off her. give it a shot.
ky0ri

Nirkana Revenant

Post by ky0ri »

[card]
name=Nirkana Revenant
auto=@tapped(swamp|mybattlefield):Add {B}
auto={B}:1/1 ueot
text=Whenever you tap a Swamp for mana, add {B} to your mana pool (in addition to the mana the land produces). -- {B}:Nirkana Revenant gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
type=Creature
subtype=Vampire Shade
power=4
toughness=4
mana={4}{B}{B}
[/card]
We need some test but is working fine :D

´[Edit Abra : Merged topic, please avoid posting about a card already being discussed]
Zethfox

Re: Nirkana Revenant

Post by Zethfox »

ky0ri wrote:Image

[card]
name=Nirkana Revenant
auto=@tapped(swamp|mybattlefield):Add {B}
auto={B}:1/1 ueot
text=Whenever you tap a Swamp for mana, add {B} to your mana pool (in addition to the mana the land produces). -- {B}:Nirkana Revenant gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
type=Creature
subtype=Vampire Shade
power=4
toughness=4
mana={4}{B}{B}
[/card]
We need some test but is working fine :D
the only issue i would see is that you cant really tell the card "tapped for mana" so even using a "tap target card" effect would give the person free black mana.
Dr.Solomat

Re: Nirkana Revenant (Require confirmation)

Post by Dr.Solomat »

The problem here is that the card also produces black mana when Not being tapped for mana. This is a huge difference!
Sets Coded/Released: Legends, Visions, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Portal I & III, Urza's Saga BLOCK, Mercadian Masques, Invasion BLOCK, Mirrodin, Ravnica, Guildpact, Conflux, Alara Reborn
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

Dr.Solomat wrote:The problem here is that the card also produces black mana when Not being tapped for mana. This is a huge difference!
i can see that as an issue..lording the ability also has probelms too, like if you were to play with other cards that are using "lord(land|" when it should be giving it to you AND giving you the other one...i think digix offered the best solution to this...by altering the basic lands to include "aslongas(certain cards|mybattlefield)" it might be possible...however this would only work for cards that are basic lands, the specail lands might be too complex with this
KF1

Post by KF1 »

Was this card code ever fixed?
Dr.Solomat

Post by Dr.Solomat »

There is actually nothing to fix. Nirkana Revenant's ability is just not supported...
Sets Coded/Released: Legends, Visions, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Portal I & III, Urza's Saga BLOCK, Mercadian Masques, Invasion BLOCK, Mirrodin, Ravnica, Guildpact, Conflux, Alara Reborn
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

KF1 wrote:Was this card code ever fixed?
As Dotkor said, it's just not supported, nevertheless you could add this one in your borderline.txt or even in a "crappy.txt" if you want to play with... Will be buggy, but as long as you know it I suppose you could live with it..

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
lozanogo

Post by lozanogo »

Dr.Solomat wrote:There is actually nothing to fix. Nirkana Revenant's ability is just not supported...
Hi Dr. Solomat: I don't follow the argument that you can tap swamps (or any other basic land) but not produce mana.

So my question is either: 1) how is a swamp defined: anything that produces black mana?, or 2) is there any instance where swamps (or other basic lands) can be tapped without producing mana?

I apologize if the question is silly but I'd like to understand better the argument regarding this card.

Thanks.