Tri-Color Mana

All additions requested or suggested to improve the card coding language.
Tacoghandi

Tri-Color Mana

Post by Tacoghandi »

One of the original things i was doing in my created sets was involving Tri-color Mana symbols. But i found out that the game did not support them. II thought it would be a nice addition to the Wagic Engine simply for people who create sets and want to add a little something different to there game. Problem is that the code would only detect the first two colors and the third would not be added. It seems like an easy addition but I wouldn't know if that is true. I am just suggesting it as an add to enhance the capabilities of the the game.

This may have been added without my knowledge since i havent coded a set since 15.1, So let me know if it has since I am currently working on the third set in my series of Warlord: Saga of the Storm conversions and would like to include this if I find a worthy card.

Thanks for all the hard work that goes into this game.
!!Check out My Created Sets and other Stuff!!

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3380
mnguyen

Re: Tri-Color Mana

Post by mnguyen »

Tacoghandi wrote:One of the original things i was doing in my created sets was involving Tri-color Mana symbols. But i found out that the game did not support them. II thought it would be a nice addition to the Wagic Engine simply for people who create sets and want to add a little something different to there game. Problem is that the code would only detect the first two colors and the third would not be added. It seems like an easy addition but I wouldn't know if that is true. I am just suggesting it as an add to enhance the capabilities of the the game.

This may have been added without my knowledge since i havent coded a set since 15.1, So let me know if it has since I am currently working on the third set in my series of Warlord: Saga of the Storm conversions and would like to include this if I find a worthy card.

Thanks for all the hard work that goes into this game.
By tri-color mana do you mean tapping the land and being able to choose one of three different choices? If so, the engine definitely supports that. Look at the coding for "Birds of Paradise" or similar cards that generate 1 of the 5 colors of MTG.

If you mean to create a new symbol to represent a tri-color mana, that's possible too. As long as it is just an aspect of a card display it's just a matter of you creating your own card for that.

Hope this helps
Tacoghandi

Post by Tacoghandi »

I am taking about mana cost of cards. Having a mana cost be able to be payed with any of three colors. Was not sure if it was supported in this version as it was not when i wanted to code it in 15.1.

Tacoghandi

Post by Tacoghandi »

I did a test on it with a card i want to be hybrid White, Black, and Red and went into the game and it only detects the White and Black. That is what I am talking about. Adding Tricolor Hybrid support. So that a 1 mana conv cost card could be cast with a White, Black, or Red mana. I do not know if it is just graphically not supported or if its the game code. Just was wondering in case people dont use pics and it is supported just not graphically they would never no they could use Red mana for the card. So let me know if I am wrong and this is fine to have in. i can just add a line of text or something if its just a graphical thing. But if this is not supported I think its a good idea for a future release. Thanks for the reply.

mnguyen

Post by mnguyen »

Tacoghandi wrote:I did a test on it with a card i want to be hybrid White, Black, and Red and went into the game and it only detects the White and Black. That is what I am talking about. Adding Tricolor Hybrid support. So that a 1 mana conv cost card could be cast with a White, Black, or Red mana. I do not know if it is just graphically not supported or if its the game code. Just was wondering in case people dont use pics and it is supported just not graphically they would never no they could use Red mana for the card. So let me know if I am wrong and this is fine to have in. i can just add a line of text or something if its just a graphical thing. But if this is not supported I think its a good idea for a future release. Thanks for the reply.
Right. It's not currently supported. No plans I know of towards its support
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

yeah, the way we currently handle hybrid mana is not flexible enough to handle more than 2 colors. That could happen, but no short term plan for that