More parsers requested

All additions requested or suggested to improve the card coding language.
Zethfox

Re: More parsers requested

Post by Zethfox »

a little late, i added support for basic suspend this morning...it adds 25 of the 50ish suspend cards...
Nazar-WTH-PCgamer

Post by Nazar-WTH-PCgamer »

Thank you very much. Hopefully I can get the time to update my version and try/enjoy all of that sometime this week.
Nazar is meant to rule the world... Someday! Once Nazar is in charge, goblins won't have to hide or shovel orcish poops no more. Vote for Nazar!!!
Nazar-WTH-PCgamer

In reply to older inquiries from wololo and Zethfox...
Zethfox wrote:[...] link to astral set....these are the only cards matching the use of random...
http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/A ... arcana/124
wololo wrote:
Zethfox wrote:moral of the story...we're not adding tools to create workarounds...atleast im not going to...and im the main ability coder at the current time....
Zeth´s words are to be taken with a grain of salt. Although I agree with him when it comes to Magic, one of my goals for wagic in the long term is to support more games. So if you have a valid use case I want to take this kind of request into account.
Zeth's examples are great but I found THE card I wished to code and couldn't due to lack of a random effect. It is the best example one could hope for to demonstrate the need of multiple possible results amongst which only one should occur... Jack-in-the-mox

Link to Gatherer: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... rseid=9729
Card Name: Jack-in-the-Mox
Mana Cost: 0 (colorles)
Converted Mana Cost: 0
Types: Artifact
Text={T}:Roll a six-sided die for Jack-in-the-Mox. On a 1, sacrifice Jack-in-the-Mox and lose 5 life. Otherwise, Jack-in-the-Mox has one of the following effects. Treat this ability as a mana source. -- 2 Add {W} to your mana pool. -- 3 Add {U} to your mana pool. -- 4 Add {B} to your mana pool. -- 5 Add {R} to your mana pool. -- 6 Add {G} to your mana pool.

Let me know if this can be handled by game engine or will be... that is only if you consider it a valid and interesting thing to work on and implement in future.

Thanks and regards!
Nazar is meant to rule the world... Someday! Once Nazar is in charge, goblins won't have to hide or shovel orcish poops no more. Vote for Nazar!!!
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

can it be coded...sure...will wololo allow code for cards in the "un" sets? i dont think so....
there are quite a few of the "unglued" and "unhinged" cards we can already support, but since theyre not "officail" theyre not added.

this would also not really be "random" persay as i would code it as a dice roll...which to be honest is stupid simple...it requires no "choices" being made by the player, so i could even use the current coin toss system i coded to create this VERY effect...
Nazar-WTH-PCgamer

Well that's kind of what I thought... Ramdomness is simply a matter of one option selected amongst a defined number of option. A coin toss is 1 out of 2 or a 50/50. J-i-t-Mox would be a 1 out of 6 or ~17% chance per option. But is that really a big and interesting avenue for you guys to explore and code and what can it bring in the future I cannot tell so I really won't insist on getting it from you it was more of an inquiry on wheteher or not you already intended to add randomness or if the suggestion would interest you guys. The game will still be great, with or without it!
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

well, as i mentioned, if wololo is ok with the add of this kind of ability im all for it... :twisted: its wololo thats worried about code size.
Kellyshork

More parsers requested

Post by Kellyshork »

Im trying to fix it, but I think a little more help is needed.
Current Errors so far:
Compile Errors:
line:60, col:7 : Expression must be of boolean type
line:67, col:7 : Expression must be of boolean type
line:72, col:4 : No matching signatures to statusMsgstring&
line:74, col:5 : Expression must be of boolean type
line:82, col:7 : Expression must be of boolean type
line:87, col:4 : No matching signatures to statusMsgstring&
line:95, col:4 : No matching signatures to statusMsgstring&
line:97, col:5 : Expression must be of boolean type