New zones(Request)

All additions requested or suggested to improve the card coding language.
moxen

New zones(Request)

Post by moxen »

Seeing how zones such as library, hand and graveyard work. Is there anyway to replicate such zones and create new zones? It will definately boost the new card pool by the hundreds. Probably not a priority now but in the long run it'd be great to have.

Abilities/cards that will/might benefits from new zones.
Phasing
Reveal(scent of jasmine etc)
reveal2(oath/charbelcher etc)
Reveal3(goblin recruiter)
Exiled/ Return from Exiled
exiled Faceup pile
sideboard
living/burning/death etc wish
living death
Stormcounters (Zethfox's workaround)
Only those crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.

Wishlist: Sneak Attack, Through the Breach, Aluren, Serra Avatar, Goblin Piledriver
Kalmana

Re: New zones(Request)

Post by Kalmana »

well for the exiled zone, couldn't they just take the graveyard code, copy it, change a few things around and turn it into the exile zone?'
Saint

Post by Saint »

Kalmana wrote:well for the exiled zone, couldn't they just take the graveyard code, copy it, change a few things around and turn it into the exile zone?'
Easier sayed then done, the exile zone has different effects on cards then the graveyard does, and next to that it needs to be given a proper place in both the GUI and it's position in the game (see it as Planeswalkers, they are codeable, the problem is placing them, the space is limited, the card needs to be seen as a Type=Player Subtype=Planeswalker/creature (just to make it clear that's not how it will be coded lol)).
Just to make my point, i know it's not exactly the same but oh well :)

Greetz,

Saint.
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
moxen

Post by moxen »

Looks like Zethfox's gotten it working somewhat. Thumbs up to you again zeth.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1844

Wishlist: Sneak Attack, Through the Breach, Aluren, Serra Avatar, Goblin Piledriver
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

Kalmana wrote:well for the exiled zone, couldn't they just take the graveyard code, copy it, change a few things around and turn it into the exile zone?'
and that is exactly what ive done. if it took me 4 hours then it would have taken an actual dev 5 mins....seriously...they even have thier own fancy little button right next to the graveyard...youll see :)
im trying desperately to get the "becomes(" to except cardID's as its target...
moxen

Post by moxen »

Zethfox wrote:
and that is exactly what ive done. if it took me 4 hours then it would have taken an actual dev 5 mins....seriously...they even have thier own fancy little button right next to the graveyard...youll see :)
Keep it going zeth! But seriously I've been wondering. Where do you find all the time? :lol:

Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

moxen wrote:
Zethfox wrote:
Keep it going zeth! But seriously I've been wondering. Where do you find all the time? :lol:
i got laid off from my job :/
moxen

Post by moxen »

If the new zones can't work with auto= as they were copied from graveyard, perhaps copying battlefield zone and changing it will allow auto= to work.
Or would it be possible to rework graveyard to work like battlefield as well?

Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

moxen wrote:If the new zones can't work with auto= as they were copied from graveyard, perhaps copying battlefield zone and changing it will allow auto= to work.
Or would it be possible to rework graveyard to work like battlefield as well?
its not the zones causing the the group related function to not work or trigger to not work...its the actual functions lord, aslongas, all(, ect that dont want to except it, and the code for them looks a little bit more then i could handle without wololo help...youll notice "all(", and "lord" both work for graveyard...but for exile it just doesnt want to accept the zone...so its something in the functions...