Cost Reduction

All additions requested or suggested to improve the card coding language.
kaioshin

Cost Reduction

Post by kaioshin »

A great thing to add would be permanents or spells, that reduce the mana cost of other spells. Like:

Image or Image or Image or Image

I think you get the idea. ;) I'm not a experienced coder, so I don't know how hard this would be. But I could see some difficulties.

Could look something like this:

Daru Warchief:
auto=foreach(this) lesstocast(creature[soldier]):1

Eye of Ugin:
auto=foreach(this) lesstocast(creature[eldrazi,colorless]):2

Draco:
auto=forone(forest,mybattlefield) lesstocast(this):2
auto=forone(plains,mybattlefield) lesstocast(this):2
auto=forone(swamp,mybattlefield) lesstocast(this):2
auto=forone(mountain,mybattlefield) lesstocast(this):2
auto=forone(island,mybattlefield) lesstocast(this):2

Mycosynth Golem:
auto=foreach(artifact,mybattlefield) lesstocast(artifact):1

Don't kill me!!

Cheers!
wololo
Site Admin

Re: Cost Reduction

Post by wololo »

yeah, that's a good idea and I4ve been wanting to work on that for a while... I have a few ideas
Onitenshi

Post by Onitenshi »

That would be awesome, I started with Mirrodin and Affinity was really badass
ImageImageImageImageImage
Thanatos.02

Post by Thanatos.02 »

having cost reduction would be awesome!!
next, solve how to tutor for a card and place on top of library. temporal spring moves a permanent from play to the top of library, so it is a recognizable field.
then code modular. affinity ftw!!
Saint

Post by Saint »

The idea is nice but i think it's not perfect yet, for instance if you take your
auto=foreach(this) lesstocast(creature[soldier]):1
and you play four of them you can play cards that cost (2)(W)(W) for free because you didn't calculate the "(1) less to play" in. Now the :1 can be any color it wants to be. Just a side note, i could be wrong ofcourse but i don't think it'll take 1 being colorless into account :P but like I sayed i could be wrong so don't hold it against me it's just something i noticed :P
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
kaioshin

Post by kaioshin »

Thanatos.02 wrote:having cost reduction would be awesome!!
next, solve how to tutor for a card and place on top of library. temporal spring moves a permanent from play to the top of library, so it is a recognizable field.
then code modular. affinity ftw!!
Modular will indeed be in the next version of Wagic! It already works in the current SVN version (including Arcbound Ravager and all the crazy stuff) Lets just hope there will be someone who codes cost reduction, too. Affinity + Modular = broken MtG at it's best :D.
Saint wrote:The idea is nice but i think it's not perfect yet, for instance if you take your
... Now the :1 can be any color it wants to be. Just a side note, i could be wrong ofcourse but i don't think it'll take 1 being colorless into account :P but like I sayed i could be wrong so don't hold it against me it's just something i noticed :P
Of course it's not perfect :) I made it in like 30 seconds. But just for the record, the {1} would be colourless. It could also be {W}, {G} or any other parser cost.

- Cheers!
Saint

Post by Saint »

Of course it's not perfect :) I made it in like 30 seconds. But just for the record, the {1} would be colourless. It could also be {W}, {G} or any other parser cost.
Yeah ofcourse i knew you meant colorless with the 1 in this context but if the engine doesen't recognize it as being colorless it will just pick a random :1 so it has to know that :1 doesen't mean a (W) or a (B) or whatever it has to know that it can only be colorless and if there is no more colorless left to remove it won't start on the (W)'s, that's all i meant :D

Great contribution though btw been waiting for this and to lazy to do it myself :P can't wait to create a artifact deck with artifact lands etc (just want to recreate my own old deck :P).
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
Sephiroth

want ONE card and one effect

Post by Sephiroth »

Hello, i just want a new card , the stormscape familiar http://www.findmagiccards.com/GF/USC/MT ... EIAR1.jpeg and his effect of reduce 1 colorless of blue spell.
if a method existe to insert it into rules myself, can i know it ?

[EDIT ABRA: Merged topic]
Daddy32

Re: want ONE card and one effect

Post by Daddy32 »

There is already a thread proposing/discussing this. It's one of those things many people want but no-one programmed yet.
Sephiroth

Re: want ONE card and one effect

Post by Sephiroth »

mmh i'm sorry, i use search but not for "cost reduce" :oops:
so now i just wait and see. Thanks for the fast answer.