Code to Keyword

All additions requested or suggested to improve the card coding language.
Sentinalblade

Code to Keyword

Post by Sentinalblade »

I have a strange request,

Its possible to make a player lose life at the upkeep, but its not an ability in itself.
The problem im having is that i would like a scorcery or lord to give this ability to creatures...

such as this. Itd be great if i could do that with an keyword, like "powerdrain:1" (much like "damage:1")... But instead of doing @my next upkeep:damage:1
or using the foreach syntax to make you lose 1 life for each demon....you can see why that would be harder to accomplish with a sorcery, instead of a creature

Since you can already accomplish it with code, is it possible to write something like that code into an ability/keyword?
Psyringe

Re: Code to Keyword

Post by Psyringe »

I'm not sure I understand the problem. It seems to me that "powerdrain:1" would be just the same as "@each my upkeep: damage:1 controller", so I don't understand why a specific keyword would be necessary. Am I missing something?
Sentinalblade

Post by Sentinalblade »

I would like to be able to pass it on...

Like first strike or vigilance can be added to a card with an enchantment

@each my upkeep: damage:1 controller cant be added to a creature by a scorcery, or enchantment(granted, you could just make the enchantment cause the life loss)

I havnt slept in 3 days, and i forgot the main reason why i was asking for this. I regret posting this now that i can't remember the instance i had trouble with.
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

Hmm, in this case it'll probably be better to make triggered effects transferable instead of adding a specific "powerdrain" keyword. There are probably other cards which require transferable triggers, and we can't add new keywords for each of their effects.
Sentinalblade

Post by Sentinalblade »

It that would be easily possible, i would love that. Having that ability would open alot of avenues on cards, im sure. Just keep it in consideration, if your interested =)