HBL ..help

This forum is locked, but kept for archiving purpose. If you want to discuss Half-Byte Loader or PSP homebrews, we now recommend our sister forum http://wololo.net/talk
Forum rules
Do not post requests/bug reports regarding versions of the HBL that you didn't download from wololo.net, I do not offer support for other people's versions, thanks!
nettech_gt

HBL ..help

Post by nettech_gt »

Please forgive the noob question. However I was unable to find a clear answer. I'm thinking of buying a PSP GO or 3000 if I were install HBL is there a way completely uninstall it, if for some reason I changed my mind? Also does installing HBL disable the ability download PSP games from PSN and play via ad-hoc? THANX!
wololo
Site Admin

Re: HBL ..help

Post by wololo »

nettech_gt wrote:Please forgive the noob question. However I was unable to find a clear answer. I'm thinking of buying a PSP GO or 3000 if I were install HBL is there a way completely uninstall it, if for some reason I changed my mind?
Yes. HBL doesn't install anything in your flash or anything like this. to uninstall it, you just have to delete the HBL files that you copied on your memory stick, and that's it. also, keeping HBL on your memory stick doesn't change the behavior of your PSP at all, so there's generally no reason to "uninstall" it, unless you want to sell your memory stick maybe (but in that case anybody would format their memory stick I think)
Also does installing HBL disable the ability download PSP games from PSN and play via ad-hoc? THANX!
HBL doesn't change the behavior of your psp at all. So the answer to your question is no.
However, if you want to be able to play online you usually need to stay on the latest firmware, and there is no guarantee that HBL will keep working on further firmwares. So at some point, when Sony release updates, HBL might stop working for you (in which case you can safely delete it as I said above).
nettech_gt

Re: HBL ..help

Post by nettech_gt »

THANX!!!