Just got a PSPGo, What should I do now?

This forum is locked, but kept for archiving purpose. If you want to discuss Half-Byte Loader or PSP homebrews, we now recommend our sister forum http://wololo.net/talk
Forum rules
Do not post requests/bug reports regarding versions of the HBL that you didn't download from wololo.net, I do not offer support for other people's versions, thanks!
rob3d

Just got a PSPGo, What should I do now?

Post by rob3d »

I just got a pspgo from best buy for the 2 day $150 sale. It came with firmware 6.10 and I was wondering if I should upgrade or not. I want to take advantage of HBL and the hen that total_noob is working on. Which firmware version is the the most compatible with homebrew. Should I stay at 6.10 or move up to 6.20 or 6.31. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
wololo
Site Admin

Re: Just got a PSPGo, What should I do now?

Post by wololo »

Stay at 6.10 for now. an "upcoming" Hen is worth nothing.
When the Hen is released, that will be the right time for you to update.

That is, assuming you don't want to connect to the PSN.
rob3d

Post by rob3d »

Thanks for the reply. I don't think I'll be using psn I've only really used the psps I own for homebrew and playing media. I got the hbl up and running last night works great so far. One thing I noticed though I tried finding a 6.20 eboot to update and everyone I tried returned the error "the system cannot be updated. The update data is not applicable to the system". Is the psp go update different then the one for the standard psp. And if so where can I get the right update file. I'll wait on updating for now like you suggested, id just like to be prepared if I do need to update to 6.20.

Thanks again
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

You're not the first one mentioning this issue with an update.
I've seen both people claiming that the update was different for the PSP GO OR that your psp has a problem.

If I find a PSPGo 6.20 update around I'll let you know, meanwhile I would try google. psp-hacks.com have all the updates, if what you need exists it's probably on their site.
rob3d

Post by rob3d »

Thanks! :D Ive download 6 or 7 versions of 6.20 now and they all seem to be the wrong type. The official PSN site says the updates have been split since 6.00. The only one I've found that registered as valid was a 6.10 update but don't really need that (though I will be saving it just in case). I will keep looking and thanks for any future heads up on the 6.20 update.
rob3d

Post by rob3d »

Iv'e finally found a 6.20 eboot that works with the PSPGO. I'm gonna hold off updating until the HEN comes out but I thought I'd share the link in case anyone else has the same problem I did.

Official Sony link:
http://do01b.psp.update.playstation.org ... /EBOOT.PBP
MegaUpload link: (just in case)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P3H1XC9C
clockdryve

Post by clockdryve »

@rob3d, thanks...I didn't know I would have problems updating my PSP Go OS 6.10
You just saved me a BIG headache :) I grabbed the download eboot for possible install later and bookmarked this page to help anyone that I may find that needs later. Thanks again. And thank you wololo. It was your link from Home page of HBL that brought me here :)
clockdryve

Post by clockdryve »

So now is there a reliable 6.31 eboot download for the PSP Go incase we must update to that version for the HEN without going through Sony?
No telling what Sony will be doing by time I or others find out. This would only matter IF the TN HEN is set for 6.31 as it was suggested that it is a possibility.
rob3d

Post by rob3d »

This is the PSPGo (n1000) 6.31 update link:

http://du01.psp.update.playstation.org/ ... /EBOOT.PBP