PSN Downloads/Firmware Requirements/Backups

This forum is locked, but kept for archiving purpose. If you want to discuss Half-Byte Loader or PSP homebrews, we now recommend our sister forum http://wololo.net/talk
Forum rules
Do not post requests/bug reports regarding versions of the HBL that you didn't download from wololo.net, I do not offer support for other people's versions, thanks!
clockdryve

PSN Downloads/Firmware Requirements/Backups

Post by clockdryve »

Is there a way to tell what the firmware requirements are BEFORE you download a game off PSN (to avoid updating past 6.31) Also....I purchased a USED PSP Go from a Pawn shop....it had 4 games on it when I got it (firmware 6.10). Now can I use the Media Go to download NEW games from PSN (or my backups from PSN) and still KEEP these games on the PSP Go (from another account....was on it when i got it) *can I back up HIS games somehow for future reinstall back to that console? Thanks
wololo
Site Admin

Re: PSN Downloads/Firmware Requirements/Backups

Post by wololo »

clockdryve wrote:Is there a way to tell what the firmware requirements are BEFORE you download a game off PSN (to avoid updating past 6.31)
AFAIK, No. The only way to know about this is to check news websites...
Also....I purchased a USED PSP Go from a Pawn shop....it had 4 games on it when I got it (firmware 6.10). Now can I use the Media Go to download NEW games from PSN (or my backups from PSN) and still KEEP these games on the PSP Go (from another account....was on it when i got it) *can I back up HIS games somehow for future reinstall back to that console? Thanks
Your PSP can only be activated with one account at a time.
In theory, you can deactivate/activate the accounts as much as you want (provided you know the guy's account password) in order to switch between one and the other.
Practically, this leads to random issues (I believe Sony monitors how many times you activate/deactivate accounts, and will arbitrarily locks some PSPs because they believe you're a cheater, or a hacker, or whatever..) , and Sony's Customer Service is TERRIBLE regarding PSN issues, so, you can try, but you are kind of "on your own" if for some reason it stops activating/deactivating.

As an example, one of my PSPs refuses to activate with my US account since 6.31 (it used to work during 5.xx), and Sony's Customer service haven't been able to provide any help besides "you shouldn't live in Japan if you can't play games in Japanese. If you want your games in English, move to the US". I'll blog about that one of these days... :evil:
clockdryve

Re: PSN Downloads/Firmware Requirements/Backups

Post by clockdryve »

Thank you for your help :)