[hbl r100, fw 6.31, golf exploit] GWP audio codec error

This forum is locked, but kept for archiving purpose. If you want to discuss Half-Byte Loader or PSP homebrews, we now recommend our sister forum http://wololo.net/talk
Forum rules
Do not post requests/bug reports regarding versions of the HBL that you didn't download from wololo.net, I do not offer support for other people's versions, thanks!
erp

[hbl r100, fw 6.31, golf exploit] GWP audio codec error

Post by erp »

Hi,

I'm running hbl r100 using the Golf exploit on a PSP1003 (fat & white) with fw6.31, but I'm having trouble playing the version of Geometry Wars Portable linked to from the hbl Recommendations page.

I get the following error on startup:
Fatal error: Unable to load audio codec

Press HOME to exit
Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

The only configuration change I've made to my hbl is to tell it to point to a different startup directory.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers,

erp.
FlashDrive

Re: [hbl r100, fw 6.31, golf exploit] GWP audio codec error

Post by FlashDrive »

Hmmm... I'm aslo experiencing this issue sometimes with earlier versions of HBL on my 6.20 (Patapon 2 Exploit) doesn't really occur w/ recent revisions but, I really don't know yet what's causing this issue... it's either the game itself or HBL... I dunno...
HBL Rocks Hard!!!
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

yes, unfortunately Geometry Wars portable doesn't work on 6.30 and 6.31 for now, because Hot shots golf doesn't import the necessary codecs (well, not exactly, but...).
FlashDrive

Post by FlashDrive »

wololo wrote:yes, unfortunately Geometry Wars portable doesn't work on 6.30 and 6.31 for now, because Hot shots golf doesn't import the necessary codecs (well, not exactly, but...).
So that's why... Thanks for the heads-up Wololo!
HBL Rocks Hard!!!
erp

Post by erp »

Yes, thanks a lot for the reply wololo!

The explanation is very interesting too. So does that mean that a consequence (or maybe even a reason) of how HBL works is that HBL must rely on the various libraries and so on that its host game linked with when it was compiled?

On a similar note, are there any articles or documentation on how exactly HBL works? Or is that a closely guarded secret, for obvious reasons?

Cheers,

erp.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

erp wrote:Yes, thanks a lot for the reply wololo!

The explanation is very interesting too. So does that mean that a consequence (or maybe even a reason) of how HBL works is that HBL must rely on the various libraries and so on that its host game linked with when it was compiled?
Yes, that's pretty much it. Most of the time, even if the game doesn't import the library we need, wecan find a way around it, but "finding that way" is difficult
On a similar note, are there any articles or documentation on how exactly HBL works? Or is that a closely guarded secret, for obvious reasons?

Cheers,
No secret. HBL is open source and anybody can have a look at it. Regarding "user friendly" documentation, there used to be advancedpsp but it got closed two days ago. We are trying to reorganize the documentation, and a good start for you to learn about HBL would be here: http://wololo.net/talk/viewforum.php?f=5
(especially the articles names "Eloader" initially written by m0skit0)
erp

Post by erp »

Fantastic, thanks! I'll go have a read! I may even download the source.

Cheers,

erp.