SNES9xTYL crashes PSP Go

This forum is locked, but kept for archiving purpose. If you want to discuss Half-Byte Loader or PSP homebrews, we now recommend our sister forum http://wololo.net/talk
Forum rules
Do not post requests/bug reports regarding versions of the HBL that you didn't download from wololo.net, I do not offer support for other people's versions, thanks!
crimsonassassin

SNES9xTYL crashes PSP Go

Post by crimsonassassin »

So I have a PSP Go running OFW 6.31 and the latest HBL using the US PSN Hot Shots Golf Exploit. When I run the version of SNES9x listed here as recommended homebrew, I get a pure white screen. Then I have to manually shut off my system as it locked up. Anyone have the same issue or know how to correct it?
wololo
Site Admin

Re: SNES9xTYL crashes PSP Go

Post by wololo »

You're apparently not the only one with this issue, I'll have a look
erp

Post by erp »

I'm getting the same problem with a "fat" PSP (PSP1003), also on official firmware 6.31 using hbl rev100 via the Golf exploit.

Incidentally, I'm new to hbl and just wanted to say how impressed I am with what you've achieved so far -- very nice work sir!

Thanks,

erp.
crimsonassassin

Earlier I had some versions of SNES9x working (although slowly) but any use of the one linked here resulted in a crash. When I get a chance, I will try to troubleshoot and list what version(s) are working and which are not.
erp

Post by erp »

That would be brilliant, thanks crimsonassassin! :D
crimsonassassin

Note: All tests were done on my PSP Go running 6.31 OFW.

SNES9xTYL 0.4.2

Downloaded from: http://wololo.net/wagic/2010/07/18/15-e ... te-loader/

Status: Does not work. Crashes PSP with white screen when run.

SNES9x TYL ME

Downloaded from: Not sure as I have had it for a while. The file name is "snes9xTYL-0.4.2me_fw3x".

Status: Does not work. Gives an error message regarding inability to run "mediaengine.prx". Then it goes back to the HBL menu.

uo_Snes9x for PSP Ver.0.02y32 by y

Downloaded from: Apparently it came from PSPSlimHacks though I may have gotten it elsewhere.

Status: Works. Unfortunately, it runs rather slowly. I am not sure how to change the settings.

If anyone knows how to change the settings or is aware of a better working SNES emulator, I would appreciate being informed as even the working version is far from usable.
Caije

Post by Caije »

HBL is awesome but I was wondering if there has been any progress on this topic? I am having the same issue with my psp3000. I noticed that the configurtion file contains " Super Mario World (U) [!].smc " does the emu require that rom in order to work?