help with some dev stuff...

This forum is locked, but kept for archiving purpose. If you want to discuss Half-Byte Loader or PSP homebrews, we now recommend our sister forum http://wololo.net/talk
Forum rules
Do not post requests/bug reports regarding versions of the HBL that you didn't download from wololo.net, I do not offer support for other people's versions, thanks!
garrei

help with some dev stuff...

Post by garrei »

hey does anyone know a compiler for binary or source code for psp? wololo, what did you use for wagic? i read it somewhere but i forgot what you said... and i also want to know how to use that python-psp compiler thingo...
im trying to port some classic open source pc games to psp. any help would be appreciated.
wololo
Site Admin

Re: help with some dev stuff...

Post by wololo »

for C/C++, everything you need is in the pspsdk. if you are on windows, I suggest minpsp, which is an "all in one" solution with everything set up and compiled (the compiled is gcc-psp, included in the pspsdk).

If you're on linux, grab the psp-toolchain from psp-programming.com or ps2dev.org, and follow the instructions (psp-programming or google will help you there too).

Regarding python, I don't know, but lurk on ps2dev forums, stackless-python seems to be the most up to date project, but I haven't tried it at all. It's open source and hosted on googlecode I believe. You will need the PSPSDK anyways for this too I think.
garrei

Re: help with some dev stuff...

Post by garrei »

awesome... thanks wololo... i think my first test will be to make a psp-simcity... i hope it works on hbl...