Emulators Won't Load - Returns To PSP Home Screen

This forum is locked, but kept for archiving purpose. If you want to discuss Half-Byte Loader or PSP homebrews, we now recommend our sister forum http://wololo.net/talk
Forum rules
Do not post requests/bug reports regarding versions of the HBL that you didn't download from wololo.net, I do not offer support for other people's versions, thanks!
TEK112

Emulators Won't Load - Returns To PSP Home Screen

Post by TEK112 »

Hello all,

I'm new to the PSP homebrew scene. I have used my DROID to fill the emulator void due to 6.20 being uncrackable for so long.

I have a standard PSP 3000 with 6.20. I followed the directions and HBL 97 loads without a hitch. However, everytime I go to select an emulator it black screens, flashes a quick black screen with white writing (only a few words, but too small and too fast to read) and flashes to another black screen before taking me to my stock PSP home screen.

I have 6 emulators and have tried them all. I also have Duke3D with the needed file from the full version of the game. That will not run either.

Thank you in advance.
wololo
Site Admin

Re: Emulators Won't Load - Returns To PSP Home Screen

Post by wololo »

Moving to the HBL section
TEK112

Post by TEK112 »

That's why I posted where I did. You told the guy who asked before me to post in the Emulators section. However, I was unable to find it. So, how is this the right section if it pertains to HBL only?
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Sorry, that's not what I meant. His question was about performance on a specific emulator I believe. As long as the emulator "runs" in HBL, its performance, or the games it can run, is not our responsibility or in our skill set. I suggested the guy to go to a forum dedicated to that specific emulator, that is, on the website of the creators of the emulator, not wololo.net.

Your issue is different, as it seems to be an HBL specific issue.

Sorry for the confusion.
TEK112

Post by TEK112 »

Not at all. I appreciate the reply. I just hope someone is able to help as I would like my PSP to become the ultimate gaming machine.

Thank you for your help.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

So, back to your problem. There are still lots of emulators that don't work on HBL, for various reasons. Most of the times, an older or newer version of the same emulator might work though.
Start by trying the games in this list: http://wololo.net/wagic/2010/07/18/15-e ... te-loader/

If none of them works, there's a configuration issue somewhere with your HBL installation.
If they work, on the other hand, it means that the versions of the emulators your tried might not be compatible yet.

Note that with your hardware (3000 with 6.20) there are a few minor incompatibilities that might prevent a few games from going full speed, but they should at least start and be playable.
TEK112

Post by TEK112 »

Thanks. I went to a page similar to the one you referred me to and downloaded from there. I went to yours and Doom worked!

So, I am removing everything and starting from scratch.

Many thanks.