Wagic Library Editor v1.1

All add-on programm and tools for wagic
Niegen

Re: Wagic Library Editor v1.1

Post by Niegen »

Hey!

I tried this, but I keep getting a "Please specify a valid path to Wagic in the following window." message.
Then I have to kill the application, as it stuck in an infinite loop (Preferences > Error > Preferences > Error...).

I tried to pick my install folder (the one with wagic.exe) and the Res folder.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I'm clueless...
Elevory

Post by Elevory »

Interesting. What is your path to Wagic? What version of Wagic do you have?
Niegen

Post by Niegen »

In this case, C:\Users\Niegen\Wagic

It's the latest SVN build by Wololo (r4801).

The Res subfolder is actually from r4847 though. It is synced with my Android's tablet (using BTSync), where I'm using r4847.

I tried extracting core_0190.zip, just to make sure, but it doesn't work either.
Elevory

Post by Elevory »

Does WagicEditor.exe.config contain your path? If not, try adding it manually as the value for the WagicPath key. Additionally, what do you have set as your profile (if anything)? This is important, as Wagic Library Editor checks to see that the following path exists:

Code: Select all

C:\Users\Niegen\Wagic\User\profiles\your profile
If you're using the default profile, leave the profile field blank.
William Ward

Post by William Ward »

nice job mate you have done an awesome job decks used to take 20 minutes to make now they take 2 :p
Niegen

Post by Niegen »

Ok, that was it, my profile is not in the User\profiles directory, but in the Res\profiles directory. The "Use user directory" checkbox was not checked before.
I created the User directory and move my profile there temporally.

Now I get the following exception when running the editor:

Consultez la fin de ce message pour plus de détails sur l'appel du débogage
juste-à-temps (JIT) à la place de cette boîte de dialogue.

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex ne peut pas être supérieur à la longueur de la chaîne.
Nom du paramètre : startIndex
   à System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
   à System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex)
   à WagicEditor.Main.GetAllTable()
   à WagicEditor.Main.checkPaths()
   à WagicEditor.Main.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys chargés **************
mscorlib
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.18052 built by: FX45RTMGDR
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WagicEditor
    Version de l'assembly : 1.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Users/Niegen/Desktop/Wagic%20Library%20Editor/WagicEditor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.18036 built by: FX45RTMGDR
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.18021 built by: FX45RTMGDR
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.18044 built by: FX45RTMGDR
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.18060 built by: FX45RTMGDR
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.18060 built by: FX45RTMGDR
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll

************** Débogage JIT **************
Pour activer le débogage juste-à-temps (JIT), le fichier de configuration pour cette
application ou cet ordinateur (machine.config) doit avoir la valeur
jitDebugging définie dans la section system.windows.forms.
L'application doit également être compilée avec le débogage
activé.

Par exemple :

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Lorsque le débogage juste-à-temps est activé, les exceptions non gérées
seront envoyées au débogueur JIT inscrit sur l'ordinateur
plutôt que d'être gérées par cette boîte de dialogue.

After dismissing the error message, the editor's UI appears briefly, but displays no cards. Then the program exits. There is a small message "Cards were not properly loaded" in the status bar.

[The extension png has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Elevory

Post by Elevory »

Huh, I was unaware that Wagic could manage profiles through the Res folder. I'm using a build of r4847 found here, which has automatically created my profiles in the User folder.

Anyway, that exception made me think of something obvious. Are your card image sets in zip files? Because that is not presently supported by the library editor. Card images must be stored in individual set folders, unzipped.

Another possibility. Check for the following file:

C:\Users\Niegen\Wagic\Res\sets\primitives\mtg.txt
Have you relocated this file? If so, I'd like to know where, so I can add support for another valid location.
William Ward wrote:nice job mate you have done an awesome job decks used to take 20 minutes to make now they take 2 :p
Thanks! I appreciate the feedback, guys. :)
Niegen

Post by Niegen »

Not only are my card images in zip files, they are in the Res folder, using the priorities functionnality.
And I also have the core_0190.zip file with them, which contains some of the necessary files for Wagic to function.

I agree this is not the typical installation, but since the Res folder is synced to my tablet, it allows me to update easily, without having to transfer 20k jpgs when I need to restart from scratch.

Don't spend time to debug your program if I'm the only one who has problem with it. However, you should probably add a disclaimer to the op to state how the install must be.

Cheers, and thanks for your work!
Elevory

Post by Elevory »

Niegen wrote:Not only are my card images in zip files, they are in the Res folder, using the priorities functionnality.
And I also have the core_0190.zip file with them, which contains some of the necessary files for Wagic to function.

I agree this is not the typical installation, but since the Res folder is synced to my tablet, it allows me to update easily, without having to transfer 20k jpgs when I need to restart from scratch.
Okay! That makes sense, thanks for the link. To be clear: card images are expected to be in the Res folder (within the sets subfolder), unzipped. Each set should have its own folder. But the program should function even if it can't find images. Extracting mtg.txt from core_0190.zip to the aforementioned location should enable Wagic Library Editor to load the cards properly.
Don't spend time to debug your program if I'm the only one who has problem with it. However, you should probably add a disclaimer to the op to state how the install must be.
I will do so. And zip support should be implemented at some point, as it's not a truly uncommon setup. It's actually high-priority for me. :)
Elevory

Post by Elevory »

Uh... what happened to my original post? It appears to have been deleted somehow.

Anyway, I made a few important bug-fixes last month and forgot to share the latest build. It's available now: http://4ce.ca/projects/wagic-library-editor