Wagic Deck Editor/Converter modeled after Laylong's

All add-on programm and tools for wagic
madman78

Wagic Deck Editor/Converter modeled after Laylong's

Post by madman78 »

Wagic Deck Editor Java Edition 1.0

The idea for this program came from Laylong's Python based Deckbuilder so the main console menu is modeled after that however I don't understand Python so none of his code was used.

I wrote it in Java and compiled against 1.7, because why not. It has pretty much the same functionality. But I added the ability to take a directory of deck files and convert them to a standard format so they look nicer. For my purposes I wanted to be able to view, edit, and use the ai decks in my profile. I am using Wagic 0186 with the images add-on and the Avacyn Restored set added on Android 2.3.6, Android 4.0.4, and Windows Vista & 7. This seems to work well, however there may be bugs. If you want a copy of the source please let me know. One thing to note, search your primitives directory txt files for:
[/card]
[/card]

and remove the second / so that program can parse your file properly. I also noticed while working with the game files that there are some unsupported cards in the mtg.txt file, i don't remember what they were, but there is also a typo in there such as Rot Wulf, and some of the cards don't appear on the official Magic card search engine. I'm not going to fix that, I just made my program work around that information.

Also to note if you convert a deck to xml you can copy the xml file to Magic Assisstant's workspace/deck directory and open and edit/export it there as well and check out the stats. I have successfully converted all 106 ai decks this way.

I may add portability to linux and android in the future and maybe a gui editor, I don't know, not alot of time.

Download the zip, extract, edit the batch file, and run it to try it out. This requires 0186 Wagic Windows. Feedback welcome.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4zpGc ... C1Ycng3dmc <---- Updated to convert deck files to Magic Workstation format, and handles card id's a little better, can have same card from multiple sets in deck, can add cards by id or name
Laylong

Re: Wagic Deck Editor/Converter modeled after Laylong's

Post by Laylong »

Cool. And glad someone has made something of this sort since out-of-the-box my script no longer supports the newer releases since the resources were archived into a .zip. I had plans to update and fix this but I haven't been playing wagic much. I'm surprised I wrote that back from 2 years ago, it's been awhile I guess.
http://cardboardboxstudios.zzl.org/Projects_Wagic.html
------------------------Main decks-------------------------
[W: Pride of Ajani] [G: 6000 Rings] [WGB: Redeads]
Fartons

Re: Wagic Deck Editor/Converter modeled after Laylong's

Post by Fartons »

Laylong wrote: Sun May 26, 2013 6:48 pm Cool. And glad someone has made something of this sort since out-of-the-box my script no longer supports the newer releases since the resources were archived into a .zip. I had plans to update and fix this but I haven't been playing wagic much. I'm surprised I wrote that back from 2 years ago, it's been awhile I guess.
Hello. I would like to find a good jpg to pdf converter. Can you recommend a good converter for me?