MTG Renamer & Downloader v1.2.1

All add-on programm and tools for wagic
Nigol

MTG Renamer & Downloader v1.2.1

Post by Nigol »

Just some small info about this program.

First you need .NET framework 3.5 (Already installed with Windows Vista /7)
It should also work on MAC OSX & LInux with Mono (Not tested)

normal usage should be to type mono MTGRenamer.exe

This app works a little differently than most I saw, and they are a lot. Just whipped this out for my personal use, but though I could share it with you.

It's primary use is to copy files you already have from one source to another without renaming or re downloading again.
They are already a couple of apps that do this, but I found them slow or were putting them in the wrong folders or were incomplete.

This app is different from most because it will look for cards in it's database and try to find the file on you computer and if it doesn't find them will download them from MagicCards.info.

The notable different is also that it will create the thumbnails (for Wagic (60 large) and zip them up, after that it will delete the loose files it the Wagic Folders.

So if you don't have a certain set just select it and it will download the missing cards.

This only works with .full cards and English Right now.

This file comes with a Database (GathererDownloaderDB.xml) this file is up to date up to the latest set (Premium Deck Serie3s : Graveborn) this file was created with the help of Gatherer Downloader (find it here http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3371 or http://ark42.com/mtg/).

It was tweaked a little bit to include the card Number for the earlier sets that didn't have them, these numbers come from the site MagicCards.info and are important to download cards.

You can use The Gatherer Downloader to download new sets info etc or to only load a part of the DB. By default the program will Load the GathererDownloaderDB.xml on startup, but you can load a different file by clicking on Load DB.

The other file is "Sets.txt", this one is also very important because it tells the app where to copy the cards. Again this is an almost exact copy of the Sets List from Gatherer Downloader, I have only tweaked it a bit.

It is a CSV file with up to 6 fields.

1 - Categories (For Magic Album)
2 - Wagic Set ID (This was changed from the Gatherer Downloader list, to match the right Wagic Codes)
3 - The Set names from the Gatherer (as it appears EXACTLY on the gatherer website, like iin the DB)
4 - [Optional] Magic Workstation Set ID, (if different from the Wagic one)
5 - [Optional] A Alternate set name (Without illegal character, used only for Magic Album)
6 - [Optional] The MagicCards.info Set id (used only if it is different from the Workstation one, this is my addition and should not be used in Gatherer Downloader)

Both these files need to be up to date if you ever want to add additional sets.

This is very much a work in progress so be careful.

____________________________________________Changelog_____________________________________
v1.2.1
- Fixed a problem with some Forge Cards not being read

v1.2
- Added the Forge Format to the Deck Convertor (*.dck) files.
No set information is written, because forge will crash if the chosen set/card is not implemented in forge. But it does read them.
- If there is no Name metadata in the deck it will use the name of the file instead.
- In the Deck Editor, when right-clicking a basic land it only shows Zendikar full art land (previously it only showed the 10 most recent)
- Updated an incorrect Workstation Code & spelling mistake (From the Vault: Realms).
- Fixed a lot of bugs and improvements with Tokens.
- Fixed a problem where Planechase 2012 cards where not put inside the right folder of Magic Album.
- Removed some special character that prevented cards from being recognized by their respective program. (ö, é)
- Fixed some database problem with flip and side cards

v1.1
- Updated database up to Gatecrash.
- Added the MTGO format to the Deck Convertor. (*.txt files)
- Removed obnoxious Menu to Load Deck Editor and instead put 2 radio buttons for the Image Location.
- Did some UI changes. Added some icons in the Convertor and cleaned up the interface a lot.
- Right-clicking a card in the Deck Editor will always show alternate names/Sets, before it was only when a card was not in the DB.
- Saving as the same type is now permitted.
- The Input & Output Dir will now be remembered in a portable ini file.
- The selected deck folder will now be remembered and auto load.

v1.05c
- Added Izzet vs. Golgari to the Database (The Wagic Code maybe wrong I have extrapolated it from the past sets)
- Updated an incorrect Workstation Code (Duel Decks: Venser vs. Koth)

v1.0.5b
- Updated Database up to From the Vault: Realms

v1.0.5
- Fixed Database for Flip Card images not being named correctly in Magic Album (I don't think Workstation support double-sided cards)
- Fixed Problem where Flip / Double cards where not Loaded correctly inside the Deck Viewer
- Added Support for Emblem being treated like Tokens.
- Updated Database for Duel Decks: Venser vs. Koth & Avacyn Restored

V1.0.4
- Fixed Sets.txt downloading wrong pics for Mirrodin.
- Added a Deck Viewer / Converter and it is very much a Beta Version (It can Read/output files from MWS, Apprentice & Wagic)
- Added Cards from Dark Ascension in the Database.

v1.0.3
- Made a small tweak for some Tokens.
- Fixed Ravnica missing info in Sets.txt
- Faster performance when Processing Tokens, when not all the sets are selected (300ms vs 10000ms with only 1 Set)

v1.0.2
- Added a checkbox that will change the way the tool works, it will set the Real name of the set inside of the _cards.dat files.
Just make sure that you select the set or sets that you want to edit and that the destination you choose is your "sets" folder and the type is set to Wagic
- Added support for Tokens. For Wagic it will find if a Token is needed and create a "t" version of the file.

v1.0.1
- Found a problem where flip cards would not be downloaded from MagicCards.info (Link below is updated)

Also here is the Source Code available. Please give credit if you use this code. Mostly send your updates so everyone can benefit form them.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/88362140/MTG%2 ... 20Code.zip 3.5 MB
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/88362140/MTG%2 ... v1.2.1.zip 3.1 MB
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/88362140/MTG%2 ... v1.2.1.rar 1.5 MB
Last edited by Nigol on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Nigol

Re: MTG Renamer & Downloader

Post by Nigol »

I have another update.

v1.0.2
- Added a checkbox that will change the way the tool works, it will set the Real name of the set inside of the _cards.dat files. Just make sure that you select the set or sets that you want to edit and that the destination you choose is your "sets" folder and the type is set to Wagic
- Added support for Tokens. For Wagic it will find if a Token is needed and create a "t" version of the file.
Toben

Post by Toben »

So, this is an absolutely fantastic tool, thanks to this I have better pictures for my cards than ever before! Only odd problem I've run into is that it uses Mirage pictures for all the Mirrodin cards...maybe a problem where it gets confused between MIR (Mirage) and MRD (Mirrodin) - I noticed the two-letter abbreviation for both sets is MR, maybe that's the problem?
Nigol

Post by Nigol »

Toben wrote:So, this is an absolutely fantastic tool, thanks to this I have better pictures for my cards than ever before! Only odd problem I've run into is that it uses Mirage pictures for all the Mirrodin cards...maybe a problem where it gets confused between MIR (Mirage) and MRD (Mirrodin) - I noticed the two-letter abbreviation for both sets is MR, maybe that's the problem?
Your absolutely right I found out a few days ago. It is already fixed in the next version. I am doing a Deck Editor, just doing some work on it before I release it.

In the mean time you can fix it by editing the Sets.txt here is the correct lines.

Code: Select all

Expansions,MIR,Mirage,MI,,MR
Expansions,MRD,Mirrodin,MR,,MI

Here is a pic. Any ideas, suggestions?
Toben

Post by Toben »

Hmm, the fixed code for sets.txt didn't seem to do the trick for me, guess I'll have to wait for the next version.

That editor looks great, looking forward to it! Is "Qty." the quantity of that card in your collection, or the quantity of that card in the deck? A column for both might be convenient.
Nigol

Post by Nigol »

Here is a new version, for now the Deck Editor is only a Viewer / Converter. I was not really thinking of having the collection from Wagic available but the Whole Magic Database, since I wanted it the more generic possible not just for Wagic. But this is very much a WIP so please give your input specially on the UI which is just horrible.

V1.0.4
- Fixed Sets.txt downloading wrong pics for Mirrodin.
- Added a Deck Viewer / Converter and it is very much a Beta Version (It can Read/output files from MWS, Apprentice & Wagic)
- Added Cards from Dark Ascension in the Database.

___________________________________________Deck Viewer___________________________________________

For the Deck Viewer, The 2 path choice are just for images purposes.
After that you will be asked to select another folder, this one is where your decks are found.

You can then select the input Type in the Deck Viewer

- For Wagic : It will load all "deck*.txt" files
- For Apprentice : It will load all the "*.dec" files
- For Workstation : It will load all the "*.mwDeck"

Note that Magic Online Decks has the same format has Apprentice, so you could rename your decks to .dec to have them loaded and Convert them.

Note that the resulting decks has been tested in Magic Album, which sometimes fail to load some Workstation decks,
So opening them with this tool and saving them back will fix them so it can open them.

The Blue Lines are Sideboards.

The Edit button just opens the file in Notepad.

** If a file is in Red it means that the Card was not found in the Database,
you can Right-Click on it to find the appropriate card if there was a spelling mistake in the name or a Wrong set.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

wow this is great and deserves a sticky :shock:
Dralor

Post by Dralor »

Thanks for the excellent tool! I found a couple typos in the sets file that I wanted to point out: Portal is PO and Torment is TR on magiccards.info, respectively. Those two sets were giving me "not found" errors, so I looked it up and fixed it with those changes. Cheers!
Nigol

Post by Nigol »

Dralor wrote:Thanks for the excellent tool! I found a couple typos in the sets file that I wanted to point out: Portal is PO and Torment is TR on magiccards.info, respectively. Those two sets were giving me "not found" errors, so I looked it up and fixed it with those changes. Cheers!
Thanks for pointing it out. I have uploaded the fixed Sets.txt to pastebin (see first post)
Nigol

Re: MTG Renamer & Downloader v1.0.5

Post by Nigol »

Updated App, See Link Above

V1.0.5
- Fixed Database for Flip Card images not being named correctly in Magic Album (I don't think Workstation support double-sided cards)
- Fixed Problem where Flip / Double cards where not Loaded correctly inside the Deck Viewer
- Added Support for Emblem (being treated like Tokens).
- Updated Database for Duel Decks: Venser vs. Koth & Avacyn Restored