sinnick2

Re: MTG Renamer & Downloader v1.0.5

Post by sinnick2 »

Thank you very much!
With your tool I have been able to create usable High Quality image sets :D
sandman423

Post by sandman423 »

This might be the wrong place to post...But could someone help me...

I d/l mtg renamer 1.6.0

Then I opened it...

Selected Set...Planechase 2012 then clicked D/L Card Database..

Then on the bottom I selected D/L card images...Then I selected Card Database D/L Saved it as PC2.xml

Then I opened MTG Renamer & Downloader v1.0.5 to import DB...Then on the bottom I select Source:Wagic Destination:Wagic....Sets: Planechase 2012 is Checked.

Then when I hit Copy and Download and then it only gives me the tokens...

How do I get this to work for Wagic?

Any ideas? Sorry if it is in the wrong place.
Nigol

Post by Nigol »

Because you forgot 1 thing. You need to update the Sets.txt file with the information you had in GathererDownloader Edit Sets box.

Note that mine is presently a little different from the normal GathererDownloader, but the 3 new Sets added do work correctly in the Sets.txt. (See the Readme on Info about how this file works.)

So adding the following to the sets.txt file will let you download the correct file for MagicCards.info

Code: Select all

Special Sets,PC2,Planechase 2012 Edition
Also you mentioned you downloaded the cards images with GathererDownloader, but failed to mentioned the format of the card name you used, but you did say that you used the Source Wagic. But by default it uses a naming scheme that is not supported by my App. So make sure that the Source type matches the images you already have. For example if you downloaded the files from slightlymagic your type would have been MagicWorkstation. So provided you have added the correct Sets.txt entry it wouldn't have used your cards, but just download them again. So it is easier to just download the DB with GathererDownloader and let my app download the files.

Note that I will be updating the file in the first post with a the new DB in a couple of minutes.
sandman423

Post by sandman423 »

how do I update this?

I copied exactly in order after planeschase 2012 and opened sets and put this at the end.

,Special Sets,PC2,Planechase 2012 Edition,IVG,Duels Decks: Izzet vs. Golgari,RTR,Return to Ravnica

then I opened mtg renamer 1.6.0

GathererDownloader

On the top I selected Download>Card Database

It downloads and I don't see Return to Ravnica or Duel Decls: Izzet vs Golgari

How do I update this?
Nigol

Post by Nigol »

I am not sure I understand you perfectly.

If for example you want to add the new Set that just came out you need to do 2 things.

1 - Is get the database for your set with GathererDownloader (note that I am not the dev of that app, just used it), but you would need to had the following line in the Edit Sets LIst window.

Code: Select all

Special Sets,IVG,Duel Decks: Izzet vs. Golgari,DDJ,Duel Decks - Izzet vs. Golgari
Expansions,RTR,Return to Ravnica
(note that every set is on a new line, you example showed that you put it all on the same line)

2 - When you have the XML you can use has is with My App, you need to update the Sets.txt file so that it knows the various location & abbreviation of the file. But Like I said in the readme, Mine is little different than the GathererDownloader one, but for this example it should be fine.

Please check the info in the Readme for more detail. The first abbreviation is for Wagic, the second is for Magic Workstation if it is different than the first one and the last one you can add is for MagicCards.info, if it is different than the second one. This is primordial to add it because the Wagic Code is sometimes different from the MagicCards.info one.

The way my app words for downloading is with just the card number and the set abbreviation. You can find them all here http://magiccards.info/sitemap.html

With the Sets updated and your XML database you got from the first operation you should be able to download the cards and it will Zip them in your Wagic Folder you selected in a folder based on the First abbreviation from the Sets.txt file. When the Wagic team adds the sets, you could just double check that it is correct. I am only guessing here based on the previous ones used.
matchet

Post by matchet »

Thank you! I have to check this :3
Nigol

Re: MTG Renamer & Downloader v1.1

Post by Nigol »

v1.1
- Updated database up to Gatecrash.
- Added the MTGO format to the Deck Convertor. (*.txt files)
- Removed obnoxious Menu to Load Deck Editor and instead put 2 radio buttons for the Image Location.
- Did some UI changes. Added some icons in the Convertor and cleaned up the interface a lot.
- Right-clicking a card in the Deck Editor will always show alternate names/Sets, before it was only when a card was not in the DB.
- Saving as the same type is now permitted.
- The Input & Output Dir will now be remembered in a portable ini file.
- The selected deck folder will now be remembered and auto load.

See first post for link
Nigol

Re: MTG Renamer & Downloader v1.2

Post by Nigol »

v1.2
- Added the Forge Format to the Deck Convertor (*.dck) files.
No set information is written, because forge will crash if the chosen set/card is not implemented in forge. But it does read them.
- If there is no Name metadata in the deck it will use the name of the file instead.
- In the Deck Editor, when right-clicking a basic land it only shows Zendikar full art land (previously it only showed the 10 most recent)
- Updated an incorrect Workstation Code & spelling mistake (From the Vault: Realms).
- Fixed a lot of bugs and improvements with Tokens.
- Fixed a problem where Planechase 2012 cards where not put inside the right folder of Magic Album.
- Removed some special character that prevented cards from being recognized by their respective program. (ö, é)
- Fixed some database problem with flip and side cards

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/88362140/MTG%2 ... 20v1.2.zip 3.1 MB
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/88362140/MTG%2 ... 20v1.2.rar 1.5 MB
Nigol

Re: MTG Renamer & Downloader v1.2

Post by Nigol »

Also here is the Source Code available. Please give credit if you use this code. Mostly send your updates so everyone can benefit form them.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/88362140/MTG%2 ... 20Code.zip 3.5 MB
holgern

Re: MTG Renamer & Downloader v1.2.1

Post by holgern »

Thank you very much!!!
Your tool is great to get all card images in a good quality. Only very few images are missing (some token). Good job!

Would it be possible to remove the black or white borders around each card? This would be great.