Card image batch rename and resize utility(((Updated)))

All add-on programm and tools for wagic
Lorz

Card image batch rename and resize utility(((Updated)))

Post by Lorz »

(((((UPDATED)))))
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9/10/2011
Added batch image resizing capabilities.
This utility can now both batch rename and batch resize your card images if you wish.
Just copy your _cards.dat into the folder of the images you wish to work with.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone.

Some here may know me from the PSP forums(probably hate me :P ), but anyway.......

I wrote a simple utility in delphi that some may find usefull to help speed up card image conversions for Wagic.

What this utility does is, it allows you to batch rename card images that are named like "Serra Angel.jpg" to "247326.jpg" so that the image is compatible with Wagic....... this work could take several hours per set if you renamed them all manually..... with my utility you can rename a thousand card images to their multiverse IDs in just a few minutes.

What this program does is, it reads the _cards.dat files from your Wagic set folders, and loads the images according to thier card names in that file, and then renames them to their multiverse ID from that file........ it does all this very quickly, only takes one mouse click per card

I wrote this utility because I dled a few sets that weren't already converted from CCGHQ to fill in for some of the sets i was missing....... my eyes bulged out when I seen how many files I had to rename, I started renaming them manuallly, and after several hours after only having gotten through the A's I decided to search batch renaming software to see if there was anything that could help me out......having not found anything that fit the bill, I decided to write my own.

So .... without further adieu, here is the download link

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gnb29gsqa ... 2wagic.zip

Should work in any version of Windows....... I compiled it with an old version of delphi that I used to run on XP, I can confirm that it works in XP(32) and Win7(64)
Last edited by Lorz on Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lorz

Re: Card image batch renaming utility

Post by Lorz »

LOL, Well I see someone already made a batch renamer...... wish i'd known this before starting this, but anyway, it's still here if anyone wishes to use it........ and mods.... I believe i posted this in the wrong section. :oops:
Laylong

Re: Card image batch rename and resize utility(((Updated)))

Post by Laylong »

There's a couple others, but variety is nice. yours probably works a lot better than mine in terms of for actual cards, mine probably works better for custom sets (what I built it for myself to do) and likewise of variations to the others people have been submitting.
http://cardboardboxstudios.zzl.org/Projects_Wagic.html
------------------------Main decks-------------------------
[W: Pride of Ajani] [G: 6000 Rings] [WGB: Redeads]
Lorz

Post by Lorz »

Laylong wrote:There's a couple others, but variety is nice. yours probably works a lot better than mine in terms of for actual cards, mine probably works better for custom sets (what I built it for myself to do) and likewise of variations to the others people have been submitting.
Thanks Laylong......I know most of the official set images are already converted and downloadable from other users here, so this utility probably has limited usefulness to the vast majority of Wagic fans, but it may come in handy with future updates of Wagic as more sets become available.
It has definitely helped me convert over some sets I dled from CCGHQ(simplymagic).

The resizing algorithm produces just a notch under photoshop resizing quality....... but it's the best I could do without paying for extra delphi libraries(kinda dumb to pay for add ons to an obsolete language.... lol!), If i'm able to find a better resizing algorithm I will update........ so for now, I do my batch resizing with a photoshop action script, but I included the capability anyway for those who don't have access to photoshop or don't know how to make an action script.
zetlen

Post by zetlen »

I would like to suggest a program called "KrojamSoft BatchRenameFiles Tool" for renaming batch files
batchrenamefiles.org
William Ward

Post by William Ward »

after spending nearly 3 weeks slowly remastering sets from ccchq i find this typical eh :P but thanks mate