Notepad++ (with Wagic language WIP)

All add-on programm and tools for wagic
darkmatter

Notepad++ (with Wagic language WIP)

Post by darkmatter »

I'm sure many of you have heard of/use Notepad ++ to code cards:
http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

It's a cracking little tool for text editing, and I have created a somewhat useful language that should pick up most of the basic code things for wagic - the way that wagic is coded means some of these will still be coloured in "text=" lines but that's not too bad.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mgymekqi2lm

To install to Windows 7 -
Download the program and the file from mediafire.
"userdefinelang.xml"

Chuck the file into "C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++"
When notepad++ is open - press languages, and it should appear at the bottom of the list as "wagic".

Other operating systems should follow a similar step, only the location of Notepad++ could be different - I think on XP it would be "documents+settings\"username"\appdata\Notepad++

If you have already gotten other user languages installed, you'll need to merge the two XML files.
wololo
Site Admin

Re: Notepad++ (with Wagic language WIP)

Post by wololo »

Great!
Notepad++ is my editor of choice on windows, but strangely I never thought of it for cards edition. I'll give this a try!
Saint

Post by Saint »

Not a bad idea, been using normal notepad for codingt cards to be honest ^-^
I'll give it a try aswell.
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
GrimmHatter

Post by GrimmHatter »

Love Notepad++. I will surely give this a try. The ability alone to load up multiple txt files for side by side editing and keyword highlighting for coding is reason enough to make this your goto editor of choice.
leungclj

Post by leungclj »

hehe....

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=375

^once upon a time
????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Saint

Post by Saint »

Lol you obviously beat him to it, didn't even notice that post buuuuuut he mostlikely provided a newer version though haha :P
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
leungclj

Post by leungclj »

probably, my version is old, but they still should be valid, since the most basics are still there. I am still using that version I post (with only slight add-on)
????????????????????????????????????????????????????
adamf9898

Post by adamf9898 »

thanks for this! will there be any updates for this since new cards has came out with new abilities and new codes?

And also, this is dumb I know, but, I'm not sure what to do... It loads fine and all but, I don't know how to use it. I mean like when I'm trying to code? I select the file as language then I start to type but no code "help"/options/or predefined codes comes up, so I guess I'm asking:
How does this work / How do I use it?

Thanks!

HOW DO I USE THIS?
<--adamf9898-->