Wagic Card Downloader v0.4

All add-on programm and tools for wagic
fjcanyue

Wagic Card Downloader v0.4

Post by fjcanyue »

I just wrote a simple application to download other language cards using Python. It'll retrieve MTG sets directory and try to download image from magiccards.info (resolution 312px × 445px) first, and Wizards official site or playfactory.fr (resolution 223px × 310px) as a backup.

[How to run in PSP]
  • Mark a directory under PSP/GAME, e.g. StacklessPSP
  • Extract StacklessPSP-2.5.2_R1.zip and carddownloader.zip to that directory just created , e.g. PSP/GAME/StacklessPSP
  • If Wagic home directory is not in PSP/GAME/WTH, please change WAGIC_SETS_DIR to correct value in script.py
  • Configure WIFI connection, and make sure switch ON WIFI
  • Run app
[How to run in PC]
  • Install Python 2.6 environment
  • Unzip carddownloader.zip under PSP/GAME directory, or anywhere but need to change WAGIC_SETS_DIR to correct value in scriptpc.py
  • Double click scriptpc.py file to start downloader.
In carddownloader.ini file, you can change locale value in general section to configure which language card you want to download.

* en
* de
* fr
* it
* es
* pt
* jp
* cn
* ru
* tw

[Change Log]

0.4:
* Support mutil-thread download

0.3:
* Add French card site playfactory.fr downloader
* Fix occasionally download wrong language card from gatherer.wizards.com
* Support download an individual set
* Compatible with Stackless PSP, can run as a standalone app in PSP (Experimental!)

0.2:
* Add override flag in carddownloader.ini, to control whether override an existing file
* Support foreign language card download from Wizards official site and crop image border
* Support generate thumbnails, add thumbnails flag and thumbnails size parameter in carddownloader.ini
* Add Python Imaging Library (PIL) dependency to process image

Download the latest source code

From: http://fjcanyue.blogspot.com/2010/04/wa ... r-v03.html
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by fjcanyue on Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:07 am, edited 7 times in total.
abrasax

Re: Wagic Card Downloader v0.1

Post by abrasax »

Thanks,

Will test it tonight, I was using a site downloader tool to perform such download and I am currently secretly working on french images pack (some have already been release on the forum)... the only issue I had was for renaming the images from magiccards.info with the correct ID.. does you script rename them automatically with the correct ID from the gatherer ?

If not it's not an issue since jeck posted a script that can perform such action quite easely...

Grüssi

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
almosthumane

Post by almosthumane »

Awesome! I wish this add appeared sooner a month:D

Can you add the option to get the images from Gatherer in HQ(660x460) so that when new sets appear they can be add easily?

Cheers!
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Hi,

So I've tested and it work very fine, unfortunatly magiccardinfo has limited foreign language cards, and the script cannot automatically see that their could be a foreign version available on gatherer... (is for example the case for 10E in french and chinese, which is available in french and chinese on gatherer but not on magiccardinfo, the script just downlad the one from magiccard info.... )

to almosthumane, for that to be made we need a source for the given HQ... for your info this script could be uefull not get higher quality download for the set we are currently missing in HQ (at least part of FVD is available, MED, ME2 and ME3 arefully available, and are much better quality than the psp version)...

I've try to adapt the script to get the images in frenh from another site.... it does not seem to work... maybe because images are not named 1.jpg,2.jpg and so on but 001.jpg, 002.jpg and so on...

could ou have a look at the attached code and tell me what i could try to make this work with the french site ?

thanks in advance

abra
Attachments

We need your Help !!!

fjcanyue

Post by fjcanyue »

I'm a MTG beginner absolutely, I just bought my first MTG card set (M10 - Presence of Mind) last weekend, and then found this fantastic game.

I only knew magiccards.info has a better quality multi language cards, and just tested M10 yesterday. I checked 10E just now, as you said, magiccards.info has limited foreign language card. And I visited your suggestion French site, and found its quality (200px × 285px) is lower than Wizards official site (223px × 310px).

Maybe I should change my strategy to grab foreign language card from official site if it is not available in magiccards.info.

to almosthumane or anyone else, could you tell me which site provide a good quality foreign language card like magiccards.info?
Saint

Re: Wagic Card Downloader v0.2

Post by Saint »

Just use gatherer, you can change the language at the top of the page "languages" so you could program your script in that way (example: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... seid=86407 <-- japanese card).

Languages available:

English
Chinese (Traditional)
Chinese (Standard)
French
Japanese
Russian
Spanish
Italian
German
Portuguese

Hope it helps you a bit :)
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Hi,

I've tryed the new version (0.2) and tryed to download ROE in "fr" , it didn't work, all i got was debug messages from Python IDE... but no images... I've try with 10E too and that did not work either... 0.1 works fine...

Any idea ?

Grüssi

Abra
We need your Help !!!

fjcanyue

Post by fjcanyue »

abrasax wrote:Hi,

I've tryed the new version (0.2) and tryed to download ROE in "fr" , it didn't work, all i got was debug messages from Python IDE... but no images... I've try with 10E too and that did not work either... 0.1 works fine...

Any idea ?
Please try to download the latest source again and make sure install Python Imaging Library (PIL) before download
fjcanyue

Post by fjcanyue »

Saint wrote:Just use gatherer, you can change the language at the top of the page "languages" so you could program your script in that way (example: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... seid=86407 <-- japanese card).
Thanks for your help, the latest script can do that way as you described.
Saint

Post by Saint »

fjcanyue wrote:Thanks for your help, the latest script can do that way as you described.
No problem :) great idea so worth to help out ;)

Curious though, do you need to use the dowloader in windows? Or is it possible to run it thru PSP wifi aswell with a PIL lib? (doubt it but worth to ask :) )
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652