Automatic Image Namer

All add-on programm and tools for wagic
Jeck

Automatic Image Namer

Post by Jeck »

This is a quick little program I whipped up to do automatic renaming. Thought I'd share it for those who want it, but please be aware that this is 100% unsupported.
It's meant to be run in a directory with a _cards.dat and the image files (either MSE format or Magic Workstation format), and will rename (not copy) those images. Other than that, it's fully automatic.
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by Jeck on Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gravoid

Re: Automatic Image Namer

Post by Gravoid »

Great job! Really good!

There is only one problem is with the apostrophe. Cards like "Angel's Feather" only convert the name if you rename it first to "Angels Feather". But beside this it is perfect.

Thx!
Jeck

Post by Jeck »

Fixed.
Xirious

Post by Xirious »

Hey Jeck,

Thanx for the tool! I recently spent 2~3 hours renaming the HQ ROE set. Just found this program and it made me sad and happy at the exact same moment. Thanx again!

Xirious
pasu11

Post by pasu11 »

very nice program. thanks a lot.
minuteofdecay

Post by minuteofdecay »

hi im new at this but i couldnt get jeck's image namer to open up or run. i downloaded it and unzipped it but it wouldnt open is there something else i need to do? thanks in advance sorry forgot to give you my computer info im running windows xp if you need any other info ill repost it
Jeck

Post by Jeck »

There's no GUI. As I said above, it's meant to be run in a directory with a _cards.dat and the image files (either MSE format or Magic Workstation format), and will rename (not copy) those images.

Try hitting F5 in the directory to refresh things. If you're still having trouble, I dunno how to help you. It was built on an XP box, so should run fine.
minuteofdecay

Post by minuteofdecay »

ok thanks for the post like i said i dont really know what im doing i thought this would open up like windows or something then u would put the card images in it and it would rename they so they work on a psp. when i tried to open it i would get a black window that would pop up then disappear.
KF1

Post by KF1 »

minuteofdecay wrote:ok thanks for the post like i said i dont really know what im doing i thought this would open up like windows or something then u would put the card images in it and it would rename they so they work on a psp. when i tried to open it i would get a black window that would pop up then disappear.
I'm having the same problem.

I would like someone to post a step by step guide on how to do this PLEASE.
Jeck

Post by Jeck »

This tool is obsolete. It requires a _cards.dat in an older format. With a little work, though, you should be able to still use it.

Step one: COPY a _cards.dat with the required info (these can be found in a res\sets\Whatever) into a new directory. Remember to copy, as you'll be changing the file.
Step two: In a notepad like program, do a find and replace. Find all occurances of "primitive=" (without the quotes) and replace them with "name=".
Step three: Move or copy images (your choice), into the new directory. Remember that this tool takes names like "Angel of Mercy.jpg" and changes them into things like "1000.jpg"
Step four: Run the program.

I haven't tried the above, but it should work. If it doesn't, post a note here and I'll see about updating the thing. I'm really quite busy lately, but if it's broken beyond this workaround I'll try and fix it.