Portuguese Translation

All user created content to profit from wagic in other languages. You can post here in your original languages.
vesgo

Re: Portuguese Translation

Post by vesgo »

Good job Mister Sanderson!
Now I would like to give you some quick construcitve critics, hope you don't mind:
The translation is pretty good, but I can only Imagine that you had lots of trouble with it!
I could see that you translated some words to the ones that you thought it were the correct ones, but I think you forget to use the words from "real MtG".
To do this you can even download the pdf rules file from MtG site and see what are the correct words.
As you asked, like fly (voar), its there, and you can search in the MtG Gatherer for the correct translations, because they are very important, or otherwise you will have users saying that its not the correct translations, and we wouldn't like that. ;)
I saw other words like puts (coloca), translated to manda, I even saw that you had problems with toughness (resistência) not being translated.
Well but its you're first time and nobody's perfect, and you have here a decent good job, but one word of advice is that you use the Gatherer or search for other decent sites that already have the translations, and you just have to do is tweaking it for Wagic.
But liked your translation, keep up!
I will update all sets and cards to first post, and then you can translate all you want.

PS:to add a file to the post, just down of your reply you get a Upload attachment tab, there you can choose the file, add it, and that's it! Don't forget the the .txt, can't be uploaded, so you can zip it or rar it before, ok? And Please edit your post and clean the translation to not crate problems to the moderators. I already have your translation in a file, ready to upload. Thx! :D
Mister Sanderson

Post by Mister Sanderson »

vesgo wrote:Good job Mister Sanderson!
Now I would like to give you some quick construcitve critics, hope you don't mind:
The translation is pretty good, but I can only Imagine that you had lots of trouble with it!
I could see that you translated some words to the ones that you thought it were the correct ones, but I think you forget to use the words from "real MtG".
To do this you can even download the pdf rules file from MtG site and see what are the correct words.
As you asked, like fly (voar), its there, and you can search in the MtG Gatherer for the correct translations, because they are very important, or otherwise you will have users saying that its not the correct translations, and we wouldn't like that. ;)
I saw other words like puts (coloca), translated to manda, I even saw that you had problems with toughness (resistência) not being translated.
Well but its you're first time and nobody's perfect, and you have here a decent good job, but one word of advice is that you use the Gatherer or search for other decent sites that already have the translations, and you just have to do is tweaking it for Wagic.
But liked your translation, keep up!
I will update all sets and cards to first post, and then you can translate all you want.

PS:to add a file to the post, just down of your reply you get a Upload attachment tab, there you can choose the file, add it, and that's it! Don't forget the the .txt, can't be uploaded, so you can zip it or rar it before, ok? And Please edit your post and clean the translation to not crate problems to the moderators. I already have your translation in a file, ready to upload. Thx! :D
That's what i wanted to known: were to get the official translation. Now i will revise and repost my file. Thank you!
Mister Sanderson

Post by Mister Sanderson »

I done now the translation using only official words.
The file has been updated.
Bye! :D
vesgo

Post by vesgo »

One more time, really great job bro.
Now its really nice, thx! ;). Its very sharp!
If you like, the file in the 1st post of the topic is updated with all the sets, and with your updated translations.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

I found a way to half-automate the translation process of cards.
on the MWS main page, there are cards databases with (quite outdated) information in several languages, including portuguese:
http://www.mwsgames.com/index.php/Main_Page

Using the information on that page:
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=187788

It is possible to quickly generate the translation file. I was able to create a translation file for French, containing 6700 cards in around 2 hours using that process. I can do it for other languages as well and it will not take that long.

However, most of these DBs are quite old (the protuguese one is form 2004) so they will only contain old cards with no rules correction.

Vesgo and Mister Sanderson: I suggest you focus on recent sets, as the technique above should be enough for older sets. When you guys have a "decent" file, you can send it to me and I'll take care of merging the files. In case of "twins", your translation will be used.
Snacko

Post by Snacko »

You could also use the resources from Nate's Deckbuilder.
I pull all the translations straight from gatherer. Currently it's updated up to ZEN, it also contains unofficial French translation which covers some cards that where never translated by Wizards.
You can get the whole package here. It's stored in csv files which are dead easy to parse and you only would need to change how you encode mana symbols if needed.
Old cards have the old translations ex. there wont be shroud but the description that you can't target it, etc.
vesgo

Post by vesgo »

Thx both of you wololo and snacko!
Thats really a great help, and I think i will get the Snacko's help, cause the database is updated, but thx anyway wololo.
I'll work a bit on it now.
Thx once again!
Waldeir Strife

Post by Waldeir Strife »

Olá, estou aqui pra falar sobre o meu andamento com uma tradução do pt_card. Estou usando como modelo o fr_card ea minha fonte de tradução é o Ghaterer. até agora acredito que estou indo bem. São minhas duvidas sobre a tradução das abilidaes "borda", "Domain" e "Defender". Quem tiver interessado em dar uma olhada tenho aqui ó. Txt
THX Vesgo
Attachments

[The extension rar has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

vesgo

Post by vesgo »

Hello Waldeir Strife!
Once again good job. ;)
Regarding:
Waldeir Strife wrote:"borda", "Domain" e "Defender
borda=didn't find anything related, please explain better...
Domain=Dominar (when a creature has toughness equal to the number of basic land types among lands you control) Defensor
Defender=Defensor (normally a barrier, which can only defend)

Keep the good work!
Waldeir Strife

Post by Waldeir Strife »

thx Vesgo

Desculpe pelo o engano: não é "Borda", eu quis dizer "Banding". Exemplo: veja o card "Benalish Infantry".
Outra duvida é á respeito da tradução de "Exalted". Exemplo: veja o card "Aven Squire"
Agora tá tudo OK com Dominar e defensor. Só lembrando, estou traduzindo fielmente ao BR. Mais um vez THX Vesgo e em breve estarei atualizando o meu txt do pt_card
Wololo, será que vou conseguir colaborar com o "Wagic BR"?
E quem quiser conhecer meu blog aqui está o link > http://gamescola.blogspot.com/ ;)
Até breve....