Portuguese Translation

All user created content to profit from wagic in other languages. You can post here in your original languages.
vesgo

Re: Portuguese Translation

Post by vesgo »

[color=#BF0000][b]wololo[/b][/color] wrote:If someone think it is better to have two versions of Portuguese, one for Brazil and the other one for Portugal, please let us now, this is doable as long as we can trust people for updates (I'd rather have one file updated frequently than 2 files half updated )
Shure do! Count on it!
Im still tweaking the translation, but I will only update the file here until I have done enough corrections to not update all the time.
Thanks!

EDIT:I've started the translation of card names. It will take a while...
vesgo

Post by vesgo »

Has I promised to users Waldeir Strife and Anderson Lima I'm uploading files for them to contribute, or who else wants to translate too.
The file only has 10E and 5DN so you guys choose the one to translate.
Any doubts concerning the translation, please post here.
I've left some translated strings for u to understand how to do it!

Good translation! ;)

PS: to test the file in Portuguese change the file name to pt_cards
EDIT: Already translated Creature subtypes, 10E, 5DN, ALA, ALL, and APC card names (not card rules) :P

To Psyringe:
Psyringe wrote:
vesgo wrote: To Psyringe/Wololo:
  • -Sometimes when in play, the black box of the Interrupt Ability, get text behind the other one, as if the thumb image and text were missaligned (shame i dont have an image of it). But if you know what I'm talking about, is this a bug or has something to do with the translation? Because i don't seem to remember to had that in English, but i will test it later.
I think I've seen that in the English version too, but I'm not sure (I also might be misunderstanding what you mean). A screenshot would be helpful, I'll see if I can provide one.
Regarding this i have one picture of the "thing". It happens with card thumbs also, but could't get the pic though.

[color=#008000]Psyringe[/color] wrote:try this (I haven't tested this myself. but it's worth a try):

Code: Select all

# Abilities (special cases):
Add =Adicionar 
white=Mana branco
blue=Mana azul
black=Mana preto
green=Mana verde
red=Mana vermelho
mana=
(Note: there's a space in front of the last line, but the forum won't display it. The space is important, the algorithm actually looks for a translation for " mana", not for "mana", in this case.)
Regarding this Psyringe, it doesn't work like intended. I get something like this:

Adicionar 1 mana azul mana
I didn't forgot the space and and even tried with . and , but nothing! Is there another way of doing this?
I checked now also that in the creature types and subtypes translation we get:

Cat - Human - Creature
instead of

Creature - Human - Cat
Last edited by vesgo on Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

An important note: be careful not to have any symbols beyond the 128 ASCII characters, otherwise the text might not display correctly in the game :( I hope we can solve that in the future...
vesgo

Post by vesgo »

wololo wrote:An important note: be careful not to have any symbols beyond the 128 ASCII characters, otherwise the text might not display correctly in the game :( I hope we can solve that in the future...
Yes Of course. I know that but forgot to mention that to the guys! So guys don't put any type of punctuation in the text!
Thx wololo! :D

One question for you wololo:
- Is there any problem to put the translated card names organized by sets in the lang txt?
thx in advance

EDIT:Updated the file without punctuation
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

I suggest you organize them alphabetically. you don't need to translate the same card several times. So, for example, "Forest" is in all sets, but you only need to translate it once. So organizing those by sets is probably not very efficient
vesgo

Post by vesgo »

Well I know that in the end I will have translated duplicates, but when all the sets are translated I will organize them alphabetically.
This is just a way of progressing in parts cause im faster translating per sets, because of the tools I use to get the translations.
So I assume that at this point theres no problem in doing that! THX! :D
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

vesgo wrote:Regarding this Psyringe, it doesn't work like intended. I get something like this:

Adicionar 1 mana azul mana
I didn't forgot the space and and even tried with . and , but nothing! Is there another way of doing this?
The preceding space should have prevented that, but maybe the translation engine strips it ... I'll check, but it may take a while. Please remind me in a few days if I forget it.
vesgo wrote: I checked now also that in the creature types and subtypes translation we get:

Cat - Human - Creature
instead of

Creature - Human - Cat
Yep. We know about that, but so far haven't fixed it since we don't know yet whether doing so will break something else. It's on the list (we have a bug ticket for it), but has low priority (since it's a cosmetic issue - the player does get all the information, it's just ordered in an unexpected way).
Mister Sanderson

Post by Mister Sanderson »

Hi, I'm Anderson Lima.
I will try to translate the 5DN set, ok?
The text in italic will not enter in the translation, sure?
I will put the file here later.
Bye.
Mister Sanderson

May i traslate "Fly" to "Voar"?
Looks like that "Vôo" is better (i know, no special characters, "Voo", then).
Mister Sanderson

Well, i finished. Now it's not too much good, but if you revise, i think it could be better.
I had many doubts relates to the most faithful translation, so there are more than one translation for the same text. Please, tell me which may be used. I have too much free time and i can revise all the translation if you guide me.
Bye!

[The extension rar has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by Mister Sanderson on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.