Portuguese Translation

All user created content to profit from wagic in other languages. You can post here in your original languages.
vesgo

Portuguese Translation

Post by vesgo »

First let me greet everyone here in the forums, admins, devs and fellow users. And thank wololo for this great game that is Wagic!
Im here to bring you a Portuguese translation for Wagic 0.10.1.
Since the one from shinobi in the SVN is outdated, im bringing you an Updated version of the translation.
Probably there will be errors, or at least some words or phrases that some of you may not agree with, and for that im posting this for also getting some feedback to try to appeal to all the will be using the Portuguese language.

AS I explained to Psyringe, there can be some differences between people that uses Brazilian Portuguese (BR-PT), and the ones that use Portuguese from Portugal (PT-PT).
To explain that both are right and probably both Brazilian and Portuguese people understand others Portuguese, since after all its Portuguese the same ;) .
But there are differences , that we should understand, and in my point of view we should only use one version of Portuguese in the game, since it would look awkward to have in the selection language two types of Portuguese, but this is my opinion and anyone's else opinion is greatly appreciated.
The rules and Game strings, probably wont have any differences since I used the ones used on MtG text for Portuguese, that is a mix of both PT-PT and BR-PT.
Some translations are not exactly translated to the original English, they were translated using local definitions, and some to avoid text extension and understanding .
There can be some differences in words/terms that are used in the rest of the game, but please he ones interested try my file and give some feedback.

Fully Updated to 0.14.1
Fully compatible for SVN r3342
Attachments

[The extension rar has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by vesgo on Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:38 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Psyringe

Re: Portuguese Translation

Post by Psyringe »

Unfortunately I don't speak Portuguese (a shame, I know, it *is* a beautiful language), but I can tell that this is a very complete translation, basically the complete game text (apart from card names / types / texts) has been translated. It would be great to have this in Wagic. :)
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Then go ahead and add it to the svn ;) Otherwise I'll do it tonight.
Also, if Pt-pt and Br-pt are really different, we can probably have both in Wagic, I think it's not a problem.
vesgo

Post by vesgo »

Well, nice to see that you enjoyed my translation.
To wololo:
  • -At the moment im waiting for someone that uses this translation, to give some feedback regarding the issue (or not) with BR/PT Portuguese. If there are, i've no problem at try to pick up the best of two worlds ;) .
    - One other thing, is that i've been testing the Game and translation, and I really don't see much differences between BR and PT except fore some caracters droping from PT to BR Portuguese.
    - I've allready posted this kind of bug, that when you change the language in the game, the scrolling text doesn't change to the chosen language, keeping the old selected one.
To Psyringe/Wololo:
  • -Sometimes when in play, the black box of the Interrupt Ability, get text behind the other one, as if the thumb image and text were missaligned (shame i dont have an image of it). But if you know what I'm talking about, is this a bug or has something to do with the translation? Because i don't seem to remember to had that in English, but i will test it later.
    -And about that Interrupt Ability black box, is it possible to have the text aligned in a different way? At the moment its aligned in horizontal
    • (X=Interrupt O=No []=No to all)
    , and my ideia was on vertical
    • (X=Interrupt)
      (O=No)
      ([]=No to all)

Why this? Because when translating the text in Portuguese (although i translated with a shorter form) and probably other languages, it doesn't fit in the box, going out of its borders, and probably looking better, or at least make the window fit with the text!

One other thing its about the limited characters that are supported by the game, and it would be greatly appreciated if removed, but as Psyringe said in an older post:
[color=#008000][b]Psyringe[/b][/color] wrote:There are (vague) plans to remove this limitation at some point in the future, but I think they are rather low on the priority list, since the translations are usually readable / playable / enjoyable without the special characters.
So lets wait for it, to get an even better version of Wagic TH!
Thanks for reading :oops:

EDIT:One thing I remembered! Is it possible to change the strings when a creature card gives mana?
Because when translated to Portuguese (Adicionar 1 Verde Mana), in English would look like this: "Add 1 Mana Green", and i would like to change it to actual "Adicionar 1 Mana verde"
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

vesgo wrote: One other thing its about the limited characters that are supported by the game, and it would be greatly appreciated if removed, but as Psyringe said in an older post:
The issue with that is that if we remove this limitation, then every font would need to have a localized version, which is pretty much impossible...
vesgo

Post by vesgo »

Wololo, sorry to bother you, but have you read my Edit?
Relative to the characters, isn't the same localized version for the actual languages in the game? Aren't they all Latin? At least I know they use the same characters, but you're probably talking about other ones, like Czech, russian, cyrilic langs, is it?
Or I really just don't understand what you're saying cause i'm stupid?
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

We use bitmap fonts, you can actually have a look at them yourself, in Res/graphics, for example f3.png pr magic.png. Open those in a picture editor, and you will probably understand the issue...
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

vesgo wrote: To Psyringe/Wololo:
  • -Sometimes when in play, the black box of the Interrupt Ability, get text behind the other one, as if the thumb image and text were missaligned (shame i dont have an image of it). But if you know what I'm talking about, is this a bug or has something to do with the translation? Because i don't seem to remember to had that in English, but i will test it later.
I think I've seen that in the English version too, but I'm not sure (I also might be misunderstanding what you mean). A screenshot would be helpful, I'll see if I can provide one.
vesgo wrote: -And about that Interrupt Ability black box, is it possible to have the text aligned in a different way? At the moment its aligned in horizontal
  • (X=Interrupt O=No []=No to all)
, and my ideia was on vertical
  • (X=Interrupt)
    (O=No)
    ([]=No to all)
[/list]
Yes, that could be done (though I haven't looked at that part of the code yet, so I can't tell how difficult it would be). We do have a function that determines how many pixels a given text will have, so we also could make the window bigger if the translated text doesn't fit into the standard size.
vesgo wrote: EDIT:One thing I remembered! Is it possible to change the strings when a creature card gives mana?
Because when translated to Portuguese (Adicionar 1 Verde Mana), in English would look like this: "Add 1 Mana Green", and i would like to change it to actual "Adicionar 1 Mana verde"
Instead of this:

Code: Select all

# Abilities (special cases):
Add =Adicionar 
white=branco
blue=azul
black=preto
green=verde
red=vermelho
mana=mana
try this (I haven't tested this myself. but it's worth a try):

Add =Adicionar 
white=Mana branco
blue=Mana azul
black=Mana preto
green=Mana verde
red=Mana vermelho
 mana=
(Note: there's a space in front of the last line, but the forum won't display it. The space is important, the algorithm actually looks for a translation for " mana", not for "mana", in this case.)
vesgo

Post by vesgo »

Thx Psyringe!
[color=#00BF00][b]Psyringe[/b][/color] wrote:try this (I haven't tested this myself. but it's worth a try):

Add =Adicionar 
white=Mana branco
blue=Mana azul
black=Mana preto
green=Mana verde
red=Mana vermelho
mana=
(Note: there's a space in front of the last line, but the forum won't display it. The space is important, the algorithm actually looks for a translation for " mana", not for "mana", in this case.)
I will certainly try this when i have the time! ;)

About the screenshot, I remember that I lost my screenshot add-on in my psp, going to search for it...
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

I uploaded your file to the svn.
If someone think it is better to have two versions of Portuguese, one for Brazil and the other one for Portugal, please let us now, this is doable as long as we can trust people for updates (I'd rather have one file updated frequently than 2 files half updated ;) )