Translation to Czech Language

All user created content to profit from wagic in other languages. You can post here in your original languages.
MousE0910

Translation to Czech Language

Post by MousE0910 »

Hello,

I'd like to help with the Wagic Project. Unfortunately, all I can do, is translate into Czech language. Altough it contains characters in Unicode such as: ?, š, ž, á, í, ... (I hope you can see them) and I have read in a readme, that only fonts that are in "latin 1" format work. I dunno what that means (I know, I'm a dumbass :-P), but I doubt that the Czech symbols can be displyed in it.
Nonetheless it is possible to use simple letters (c instead of ?, s instead of š, ...) in the translation and it is still fairly readable. So if you're interested in adding another language, contact me either by responding to this thread or on e-mail: MousE0910@gmail.com.

Thanks a lot.
Have a nice day.
MousE0910
Daddy32

Re: Translation to Czech Language

Post by Daddy32 »

Nazdar.

Aby rozumeli aj ostatni, budem pisat anglicky.

This should be a complete latin-1 table:
http://htmlhelp.com/reference/charset/latin1.gif
(If not, I'm sure you can google the better one).
Some characters are covered (á,é,í), many are not. But as you say, even without this characters, texts would be perfectly readable, so I would say: go for it. It's always good to have another language available.

However, there are at least two more ways you can easily help, if you want to:
- Play the game a lot and see if you can find any bugs.
- Spread the word! The more people plays the game, the more will contribute and it'll grow even better.
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

Translations are very welcome. :)

Open the file Res\graphics\simon.png. This is the font we're using, it contains all characters that can be displayed in Wagic. Characters not present in this image can't be displayed (they will simply be skipped).

(This means that for the Czech translation, you have to replace all characters with special punctuation marks by their "simple" counterparts. It's the same for the umlauts in German or the accented characters in the French translations.)

There are (vague) plans to remove this limitation at some point in the future, but I think they are rather low on the priority list, since the translations are usually readable / playable / enjoyable without the special characters.

Have you already checked the "lang" directory and the format of the translations contained there? If you have any questions, just ask. :)
MousE0910

Post by MousE0910 »

Thanks for replies.

I'll check the "lang" directory and post back about it.

Take care.
MousE0910

P.S. Don't worry, I'm "spreading the word". Everyone in my vicinity with a PSP already has Wagic :-)
And of course, I'm always looking out for bugs (that goes without saying).
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

MousE0910 wrote:I'll check the "lang" directory and post back about it.
Note that the "lang" directory of Wagic 0.9.1 is slightly outdated by now, you'll find the most recent data in the SVN repository.

The current "info for translators" is this:
#Note to translators:
# - Cards' names and types are translated here (see bottom of the file)
# - Cards' rules text is translated in a separate file: Res\lang\de_cards.txt
# - Translations are case sensitive
# - Limitation: Special characters that are not in the limited 128 ASCII
# set can not be used, the game won't display them.
# - DO NOT TRANSLATE ANYTHING in the _cards.dat files.
gandycz

Post by gandycz »

Ahoj,

P?ijde Vám to jako dobrý nápad p?ekládat to do ?eštiny? P?ijde mi to jako przn?ní MTG. Víte jak dopadají p?eklady http://www.hraj.cz/ROE/RoE_spoil_FINAL.htm je to na zvracení...

translation to others:

Comes to you like a good idea to translate it into Czech? I find it a degradation of MTG.Do you know how to fall translations http://www.hraj.cz/ROE/RoE_spoil_FINAL.htm this is sick ...