German Translation (93/93 - 13.1) + Images (21/93)

All user created content to profit from wagic in other languages. You can post here in your original languages.
Funky H.

Re: German Cards & Translation

Post by Funky H. »

ive updated the main article, enjoy!

funky h.

ps. a few editions editions were made by "zornopfer", check out his thread. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=832
Funky H.

Post by Funky H. »

A huge de_cards.txt update!

download/file.php?id=724
enjoy!

funky h.
Saint

Post by Saint »

Lol just gotta say i boycot the whole other languages on cards, same goes for tv shows im in the netherlands right now and it annoys the heck out of me that there dubbing shows now, moving to german soon, can't wait to see Vin Diesel magically speaking german all of a sudden *shivers* lol totally offtopic but just wanted to add it :P I'm not english by origin either yet play the game in english. No offence to everybody that benefits from this simply because they can't understand it or have a harder time understanding it in english.
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

I always envied the Netherlands for having easy access to original audio in movies, games, etc. The odd thing is that most Germans never realize how bad the dubbing actually is, and how much gets lost by replacing the original voices, because they are so used to it. It was (and often still is) quite difficult to get original products here. But often, once you've heard the real voices, you can't stand the dubbing anymore.

I can't tell how often I decided *not* to buy a game because the shop only had a German version available, and I really already had my share of silly translations (where you often have to re-translate the word into English to actually understand the intended meaning), boring or unprofessional voices (thick Bavarian accent on the main character ...), unsolvable quests because the same item got two different translations in different dialogues, self-censored games intended to minimize conflicts with local law, delayed or unavailable patches, being cut off from the international modding scene because the game can't handle mods written for a different localization ...

So, I know exactly how you feel. It's great to have dubbed products available (not everyone's fluent enough in English to enjoy the original), but the people who *do* prefer the originals are often frustrated by the unavailability of those.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Funky H., thanks a lot for the translation of cards, I added it to the SVN. There is a huge demand for localized versions of Wagic, so this will help lots of users :)
Saint

Post by Saint »

Psyringe wrote:I always envied the Netherlands for having easy access to original audio in movies, games, etc. The odd thing is that most Germans never realize how bad the dubbing actually is, and how much gets lost by replacing the original voices, because they are so used to it. It was (and often still is) quite difficult to get original products here. But often, once you've heard the real voices, you can't stand the dubbing anymore.

I can't tell how often I decided *not* to buy a game because the shop only had a German version available, and I really already had my share of silly translations (where you often have to re-translate the word into English to actually understand the intended meaning), boring or unprofessional voices (thick Bavarian accent on the main character ...), unsolvable quests because the same item got two different translations in different dialogues, self-censored games intended to minimize conflicts with local law, delayed or unavailable patches, being cut off from the international modding scene because the game can't handle mods written for a different localization ...

So, I know exactly how you feel. It's great to have dubbed products available (not everyone's fluent enough in English to enjoy the original), but the people who *do* prefer the originals are often frustrated by the unavailability of those.
You get my point exactly, and next to that for example i learned speaking and writing english from watching movies and tv-shows with dutch subtitles, my english was pretty good by the time i was 5, played alot of games in english so learned how to write it (just asking Mom and Dad what was written down constantly and the more often you kept playing it the more words you seemed to understand (i learned to read most english from Mario Is Missing on the Super Nintendo lol). Next to that research shows that exposing small children to multiple languages alot, especially cartoons like Disney movies etc (because you kinda know whats going on even without the audio) they actually learn the languages by themselfs without help from any schooling project or whatever even before they reach the age of 10. We recently got the Disney Channel over here and everything is dubbed in dutch until like 8pm, even Cartoon Network is almost fully in dutch now a days, wen i was little it was in english with dutch subs so it annoys the heck out of me wen my nephews or nieces are watching it, and i actually notice that because of the dubbing and lack of subs now a days my nephews and nieces have alot more trouble reading and writing dutch and understand like NO english at all (my 8 yo nephew still plays english games just clicking thru everything because he doesent understand it... thats well bad if you ask me). So just a tip for everybody with kids under the age of 5 just let them watch shows in multiple languages with your languages subtitles under them, I'm going to do it as soon as i have kids, thats for sure. Just buy Multilingual DVD's ^_^.

But anyways drifting off topic :P just had to be sayed lol
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
Funky H.

Post by Funky H. »

hi again,
all editions including worldwake are fully translated now! Editions with no official translations will be fandubbed in near future, help is appreciated! =)

funky h

ps @saint: This translation makes WTH multilingual and is a pleasure to all english kids/people, who dont want to play in their mother tongue.

pps @wololo: is it possible to fix the small card bugs, that i mentioned in the bug section, till next release? would be great!
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

Funky H. wrote:pps @wololo: is it possible to fix the small card bugs, that i mentioned in the bug section, till next release? would be great!
I plan to check all card names anyway as a follow-up to r1774, this should take care of the bugs you mentioned. Thanks again for your efforts! :)
Saint

Post by Saint »

Funky H. wrote: ps @saint: This translation makes WTH multilingual and is a pleasure to all english kids/people, who dont want to play in their mother tongue.
I Know its making it multilingual im just talking about dubbing and translating the cards in general :P it doesen't mean it doesen't make it easier for people that don't understand english but as for kids, not a good idea in my oppinion, they didn't translate it over here yet i was playing magic by the time i was 11. (only thing they did translate were the pokemon and yugioh cards because they are especially for children, wich i don't agree with either but that's just a thing of mine.)

Nvm it's offtopic anyway continue as you were :P i was just making a point.
abrasax

Re: German - All images pack (21/88)

Post by abrasax »

Hallo Leute,

Gibt es Interesse für die Deutsche Bildern ? Ich frage weil ich könnte evtl. ein Update machen, zumindesten mit die Letzten sets (M11, ROE, SOM), es gibt genug programm/script um so was zu machen jetzt siehe auf der forum (es gibt auch eins bei sligthlymagic here : http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2986 )

Falls Ja, bitte melden, da ich (und auch Doktor) moderator sind, können wir auch direkt das erste post updaten, falsl nötig.

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder