2nd Official Wagic Deck Competition - TALK

All created AI or player decks. All discussion related to Wagic AI deck competion and results.

Which deck will win the 2nd Wagic Deck Competition?

Collaborate
7%
Kithkin Family
No votes
Master Enchanter
No votes
Plague Rider
21%
Short Succubus
No votes
Snacko Black
No votes
Snacko Green
No votes
Switch Knife
50%
Token Time
14%
one of the others
7%

Total votes: 14

Icewolf4785

Re: 2nd Official Wagic Deck Competition - TALK

Post by Icewolf4785 »

Wow, I just watched my deck's match, it was pretty brutal. It was either an overwhelming win or an overwhelming loss. When I got those chain token cards out I would get 5 or 6 new creatures every turn.
Token Time
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

As we've seen in the quarterfinals, the anti-white/anti-black decks finally found their masters. They *did* get pretty far though. :) We now have 1 green, 1 white, and 2 black decks left in the tournament.

Semifinals have been played, videos are up for download in the results thread. :) See which decks made it to the final. :)
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

The final (and the match for 3rd place) have been played and posted. Will Switch Knife continue its amazingly strong performance? Or will Snacko Black take revenge for Snacko Green (which was eliminated by Switch Knife in the quarterfinals)? Will the match go into overtime, like the two previous matches of Snacko Black? Check the video. :)

Final results of the tournament will be posted tomorrow (probably), including handing out the trophies. :)
so_opel_z

Post by so_opel_z »

I hope Snacko Black wins then I can say to myself that my loss was inevitable because I lost to the champ:D
Snacko

Post by Snacko »

Unfortunately how AI plays with first strike + life link advantage brings switch knife to a 100% victory once the baneslayer angels / armored ascension + knight of meadowgrain hit the table. I hope some new mechanics or the AI is improved as with the current state white will have the biggest advantage. The current and last competitions clearly showed that.
efsixx

Post by efsixx »

Maybe I am wrong, but I thought that "Baneslayer Angel" or "Knight of Meadowgrain" enchanted with "Armored Ascension" on the table in mono-white deck is truly hard to deal with (without a quick creature or enchantment removal in hand). Anyway, I believe that one of the good things that this competition brings to Wagic is knowing the strengths and weaknesses of the AI for the devs to tweak and make them perform better. :)
Last edited by efsixx on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Icewolf4785

Post by Icewolf4785 »

The competition is never going to be really good for actual deck building skills of players, but rather who can take advantage of the AI the best. That said, efsixx is right, this is a great way to help test the AI and how to improve it. The AI can't judge things well enough to take abilities into account when deciding. Speaking of which, I know I took advantage of the Wagic system when I built my deck, the game can't determine the difference between an elf token and a non-token elf. Using that I built a deck where an elf token generates an insect token where normally it shouldn't.
Token Time
Snacko

Post by Snacko »

efsixx wrote:Maybe I am wrong, but I thought that "Baneslayer Angel" or "Knight of Meadowgrain" enchanted with "Armored Ascension" on the table in mono-white deck is truly hard to deal with (without a quick creature or enchantment removal in hand). Anyway, I believe that one of the good things that this competition brings to Wagic is knowing the strengths and weaknesses of the AI for the devs to tweak and make them perform better. :)
Actually all you need is 1 protection from white flying monster to deadlock the big fattie.
But it's all true, it shows how efficient growing weenies are for AI. Also AI doesn't use any abilities to decide the blocking, but it can chump block which gives the first strikers a huge advantage.
All said, everyone that made to the quarterfinals took advantage of some AI mechanics that works, otherwise the decks wouldn't perform so well ;)
bcdiscman

Post by bcdiscman »

Psyringe wrote:Final results of the tournament will be posted tomorrow (probably), including handing out the trophies. :)
??? :D
ImageImageImageImage
BCdiscman
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

Sorry - my work/RL schedule interfered. :( Trophies will be posted tomorrow at the latest.