2nd Official Wagic Deck Competition - TALK

All created AI or player decks. All discussion related to Wagic AI deck competion and results.

Which deck will win the 2nd Wagic Deck Competition?

Collaborate
7%
Kithkin Family
No votes
Master Enchanter
No votes
Plague Rider
21%
Short Succubus
No votes
Snacko Black
No votes
Snacko Green
No votes
Switch Knife
50%
Token Time
14%
one of the others
7%

Total votes: 14

Psyringe

Re: 2nd Official Wagic Deck Competition - TALK

Post by Psyringe »

Psyringe wrote:Sorry - my work/RL schedule interfered. :( Trophies will be posted tomorrow at the latest.
... or today. Sorry.
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

The trophies are being handed out now, check the results thread. :) Congratulations to all winners!

Sorry for taking so awkwardly long, my spare time dropped very suddenly to almost zero a while ago. :-/

I hope this competition has been as much fun for you as it was for me. It certainly won't be the last one. :) If you have suggestions for the next competitions, fire away. :)

And now, let the celebrations begin. :)
bcdiscman

Post by bcdiscman »

Thank you, Psyringe. You did a great job as always.

Congratulations to all the Finalist and especially to efsixx (Switch Knife is a great AI deck).

Can't wait for the next competition (I now have three trophies and am trying for the full set - LOL).
ImageImageImageImage
BCdiscman
Rob

Post by Rob »

Well, I have to say it was a lot of fun for me to both watch, and participate in this event. My job had me totally stressed out and being able to make a couple of decks and watch the results every few days always gave me something to look forward to. Big thanks to Psyringe for running it and Wololo and the dev team for making it possible!
Image Image
· Poof!! · Backlash ·
Icewolf4785

Post by Icewolf4785 »

Time to start preparing for the third competition. I wish each player was only allowed to submit one deck, it would actually make things more competitive and stress quality over quantity.
Token Time
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

I see your point, but one of the goals of the competition is to find interesting decks to add to Wagic (and have a lot of fun in the process ;) ), so limiting the number of submissions wouldn't be a good idea at the moment. As an example - Onitenshi submitted "Wall Street" to the 2nd competition, which is built around the "Rolling Stones" combo. It was pretty clear that this deck wouldn't win the tournament, but it was still fun to see how it fared. And it definitely will be fun to play against in Wagic (we'll definitely add it). However, if we limited submissions to one per person, then Onitenshi would probably have chosen the more competitive "Plague Rider", and we wouldn't have seen "Wall Street" (and it wouldn't get added to Wagic). So, for the time being, I think that not limitig the number of submissions is the better choice.

Regarding the next competition, I'll probably start a poll next week to gauge interest for the different formats. :)
jackofalltrades

Post by jackofalltrades »

Nice job, Psyringe and all people involved!
I participated in my first competition, with only one deck, and I KNEW I wouldn't go too far, but it was fun to participate anyway!
I'm working on some ideas for new decks, planning to participate in the next one.

Again, thanks a lot for this contribution for the community!

Jack