Devi's Real Decks

All created AI or player decks. All discussion related to Wagic AI deck competion and results.
Zethfox

Re: Devi's Real Decks

Post by Zethfox »

devi why did you use that format?

lotus petal (LGN) *4
arbor elf (m10) *2
forest (m11) *23

this is a much easier to read format for deck building..
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

I'm guessing he's been sitting on those decks from the in game deck builder for a while now.
Is there a tool to convert them to an easier to read format instead of the in game ID, most of us aren't familiar with the set expansion symbols for every card.
Thanks for the great job so far with this wagic release but it would be a pretty nice if there was a program to convert them so.
Peace out.
devi59

Post by devi59 »

Yea I copied those directly from my folder on my PSP. There is a different way to have the decks? I didn't even know it was possible. I didn't "Make those" I just copied them directly from the files. I knew it wasn't pretty to look at I just didn't know of a way (I figured going through and typing out each card would make it pointless because then people would have to go and search for the cards to add them in) A way to take the ID numbers and convert them in a tool would be great! Otherwise, is there some sort of option I've missed that's making my decks look like (it sounds like) the "old" way instead of the "new" way?
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

jeremy wrote: Is there a tool to convert them to an easier to read format instead of the in game ID, most of us aren't familiar with the set expansion symbols for every card.
The expansion is not required, only if you care about what image you want.
The following also works:

lotus petal *4
arbor elf *2
forest *23

Edit: did you know? You can rename the Sets folders to whatever you want.
For example you can rename 10E into jeremy, and then instead of
lotus petal (10E) *4
you would need to write
lotus petal (jeremy) *4

in case the expansion 3 letters thing is what's bugging you.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

i know this will be annoying but you *can* cheat them into the new readable method...just go into deck editor and change one of the lands for another land of a different set, and "save and exit editor" it will update the file into one that humans can read :P
devi59

Post by devi59 »

im gonna have to try it
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

Thanks wololo for the tips.
errr zeth, could you elaborate on that method?
thanks.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

nothing to it at all, just go into the deck editor, select one of your decks that was using the old save method, swap out one of your lands for a land card of the same type in a different set...save and exit deck editor. then when you open the file again it will be in the new fancy deck format, with card names and other info included in the file.
devi59

Post by devi59 »

Hmm, that didn't seem to work Zeth. Could I have something wrong? These decks I just actually made when I went to 16.0 I didn't have them before. So it appears my PSP is saving to the "old" method.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

ah your right sorry it is "save as ai deck" that makes them nice fancy text files. sorry for the confusion.