AI decks

All created AI or player decks. All discussion related to Wagic AI deck competion and results.
nakano

AI decks

Post by nakano »

I think it would be the easiest for everyone to keep custom decks at one place. So, this topic should be used to share any custom Wagic deck you have created and would like to share with others. Please, say which Wagic version it's made for. It is (or should be) supported by the later Wagic-versions of course. If it needs cards from any other edition than the officially supported, please mention those sets.

I would like to share my first AI deck supported by the Wagic 0.8.1. I tested playing it a few times and replaced the cards AI couldn't use wisely. Though there are a few cards, which were later fixed for my knowledge. So, AI might sometimes play a few abilities wanting to support your creatures. This should be no problem with the next release. If Wololo or any other developer working with Wagic have time to test and would like to add the Lafiel deck to the next Wagic release, I have nothing against it. I drew the avatar by myself.

EDIT v2: Updated the deck to make it a little more challenging and incresing compatibility with the initial Wagic 0.8.1 release. For example Algae Gharial was removed due to the crashing bug and Lorescale Coatls replaced those. Also because Farhaven Elfs didn't quite work as I hoped so those were replaced by Civic Wayfinder. Some other minor changes made and are mentioned in the deck-file.

Some quick tutorials:
* How to make a new deck?

* How to add a new AI deck?
- add the deck to the folder: /Res/ai/baka/
- name the text file as deck<number of the deck>
- add your avatar to the folder /Res/ai/baka/avatar
- name it as avatar<number of the deck>
- resize the avatar to be 35x50 pixels and make sure it's in jpg-format.

* How to play with the deck?
- add the deck to the folder: /Res/player
- name the text-file as deck<number of the deck>
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

flad_nag

Re: AI decks

Post by flad_nag »

Do you need to unlock/buy the cards first before you will be able to use it in the custom player deck?
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

flad_nag wrote:Do you need to unlock/buy the cards first before you will be able to use it in the custom player deck?
No.
However, if you edit this deck in the Deck editor, cards that you don't own/haven't unlocked will be deleted from the deck, so be careful with this.
flad_nag

Post by flad_nag »

Thanks for the reply wololo and thanks for the great work! :D

So as long as I don't click "save" on such deck even if I have already clicked "edit", then the deck should be okay and will still be complete during single player right?
Last edited by flad_nag on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

flad_nag wrote: So as long as I don't click "save" on such deck even if I have already clicked "edit", then the deck should be okay and will still be complete during single player right?
Yes, I think so
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

I planned to release a couple of AI decks today, but found out that they require more testing - the current AI is pretty picky about which cards it wants and how it likes to play them. Sorry for the delay.

In the meantime, here's a very simple addition for people who want to use Wagic's deck editor to build AI decks. The problem in doing so is that you're limited to the files in your collection. However, given that the AI is so picky, you probably won't want to limit the future AI deck to the cards you currently have in your collection. Hence, the following file will give you a "complete" collection - if you use it, your collection will have exactly 4 instances of any card in the game. This works on cards from every set, including non-Magic sets, as long as the card IDs are lower than 250,000. It should also work on future versions of Wagic unless the file format changes.

How to use it:
1. Download the file from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?u9dx6ajx2dv
2. Unzip it and move the file "complete_collection.dat" to your "player" directory. Usually this is located at this path: PSP\GAME\WTH\Res\player.
3. Rename the file "collection.dat" that you'll see in this directory (it holds your current collection)
4. Rename "complete_collection.dat" to "collection.dat"
5. Start Wagic. Enter the shop. Leave the shop. Exit the game.

You have to redo steps 2-5 if you add new sets (or new cards) to the game, otherwise the new cards won't appear in your collection.

Starting the game can take a while the first time when you use this file. It takes about 3 seconds on my Athlon64 3500+, I haven't tested it on a PSP.

How it works:

Pretty simple actually. The text file contains all numbers from 1 to 250,000 - each number four times. The game interprets this as a collection in which you have 4 instances of each card with an id between 1 and 250,000. When it reads this collection, all card ids which don't exist in the game are culled. the next time your collection is saved (e.g. when you leave a shop), the file will only contain the ids of existing cards.

While this is meant as a tool for AI deck creators, technically it's also a "cheat" to give yourself all cards. Wololo, if you don't want such cheats posted here, feel free to remove the post. (Though personally I think that there is no such thing as a "cheat" in a single player game - games are meant to be enjoyed, and if people enjoy them more if they give themselves stuff for free, who's to blame them. It's a bit different in competitive multiplayer games, but if Wagic ever develops into one, it has to protect its file format anyway, and then my file won't work anymore and can't cause problems.)