Final Fantasy set

All user created custom sets, custom game mode and modded official content.
barakis

Final Fantasy set

Post by barakis »

We have just completed our Final Fantasy set based around FF7. The set includes 90 cards, 5 AI decks, 5 player decks, and custom sounds. Our decks are based on the Allies, Shinra, Turks, Avalanche, and the Chocobos. Yes the Chocobos!

As usual unzip the file and place it into your sets folder named FFS, the sounds are both the bg music and sfx. These cards are somewhat powerful and may not play well with the regular wagic cards. Any feedback/comments will be appreciated.

We are currently working on an expansion set which has 180 cards. The expansion is nearing completion and we hope to have it done before the end of the month.

All of the images for our cards were taken from various search engines(google lol) and we do not own any of them.

I also would like to thank Zethfox for some behind the scenes help with some coding issues we had :D

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bz2prx
abrasax

Re: Final Fantasy set

Post by abrasax »

Hi,

Great news! I'm definitly gonna test this one.

There has been several custom sets project of FF, but apart from the one from fibertek (see : viewtopic.php?f=22&t=298&start=10#p4469 ) none has been ever finished. Having made one for SW I know how difficult and time consuming it can be.

Since you already begun to include custom "sounds" you should think about creating a separate theme... I might be able to help on that, I made one for fullmetal alchemist (see: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1315 ) with the secret hope that one day the engine would be flexible enough to introduce the card playing game of FMA...

Just also to give you "ideas" there is the possibility to go "beyond" just the MTG rules, have a look at the following custom mod, they tend to be "forgotten" but are incredible example of what you can do with imagination :
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=839
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1171

I would personally love to see a separate Mod on that even if not with custom rules... we issued one for SW back in time : http://wololo.net/wagic/2009/11/11/rele ... -wars-mod/ and it would be great to see a FF mod pointing out...

Keep up the good work

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
barakis

Re: Final Fantasy set

Post by barakis »

Thanks for the feedback!!

I have started looking into creating a theme, hopefully I get some free time this weekend.

Creating a full mod is a possibility, but obviously will take alot more time to complete :)

Once I get going on the theme and have the expansion finished, I will probably start on the mod.