Rubinia Soulsinger & Vedalken Shackles need confirmation

For all your questions regarding Image Card Coding.
Please read the Image Posting Guideline & Index before posting in this forum.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST BUG REPORT IN THIS FORUM !!

Please read carefully the forum rules related to the card coding section : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1545

All post will be edited to follow forum rules.
KF1

Rubinia Soulsinger & Vedalken Shackles need confirmation

Post by KF1 »

I think I nailed this code!

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Code: Select all

[card]
name=Vedalken Shackles
abilities=doesnotuntap
auto=@each my untap sourcetap:may untap
auto={2}{T}:target(creature[power<=type:island:mybattlefield]) moveTo(mybattlefield)
auto=@untapped(this):name(revert to owner) moveto(ownerbattlefield) all(creature)
auto=@movedTo(this|nonbattlezone) from(myBattlefield):name(revert to owner) moveto(ownerbattlefield) all(creature)
text=You may choose not to untap Vedalken Shackles during your untap step. -- {2}, {T}: Gain control of target creature with power less than or equal to the number of Islands you control for as long as Vedalken Shackles remains tapped.  
mana={3}
type=Artifact
[/card]  
KF1

Re: Vedalken Shackles (MMA) need confirmation

Post by KF1 »

I have a minor hiccup with this code.

If you have two Vedalken Shackles in play and you untap one of them, it releases the other still tapped Vedalken Shackles controlled creature as well...
KF1

Post by KF1 »

It is the all(creature) part of the code that needs tweaking.

I'm not sure how to isolate the shackled creature so it is only returned when only the actual shackles holding it are untapped or removed from play.

Maybe transform the creature?

Any help would be appreciated.
KF1

Post by KF1 »

KF1 wrote:I have a minor hiccup with this code.

If you have two Vedalken Shackles in play and you untap one of them, it releases the other still tapped Vedalken Shackles controlled creature as well...
I still have the above problem even with this IMPROVED code:

[card]
name=Vedalken Shackles
abilities=doesnotuntap
auto={2}{T}:target(creature[power<=type:island:mybattlefield])moveTo(mybattlefield) && transforms((,newability[@movedTo(Vedalken Shackles|nonbattlezone) from(battlefield):moveto(ownerbattlefield) all(this)],newability[@untapped(Vedalken Shackles|battlefield):moveto(ownerbattlefield) all(this)])) forever
text=You may choose not to untap Vedalken Shackles during your untap step. -- {2}, {T}: Gain control of target creature with power less than or equal to the number of Islands you control for as long as Vedalken Shackles remains tapped.  
mana={3}
type=Artifact
[/card]  
kevlahnota

Post by kevlahnota »

I think you need to request a new parser ability to the devs, like "sourceability" keyword that checks if the source of ability has a true or false condition.

just an example:

auto={2}{T}:target(creature[power<=type:island:mybattlefield]) moveTo(mybattlefield) && transforms((,newability[@untapped(sourceability):moveto(ownerbattlefield) all(this)],newability[@movedTo(sourceability|nonbattlezone):moveto(ownerbattlefield) all(this)])) forever
KF1

Rubinia Soulsinger need confirmation

Post by KF1 »

Actually this code seems perfect for

[card]
name=Rubinia Soulsinger
abilities=doesnotuntap
auto={T}:target(creature|battlefield)moveTo(mybattlefield) && transforms((,newability[@movedTo(Rubinia Soulsinger|nonbattlezone) from(battlefield):moveto(ownerbattlefield) all(this)],newability[@untapped(Rubinia Soulsinger|battlefield):moveto(ownerbattlefield) all(this)])) forever
text=You may choose not to untap Rubinia Soulsinger during your untap step. -- {T}: Gain control of target creature for as long as you control Rubinia and Rubinia remains tapped.
mana={2}{G}{W}{U}
type=Legendary Creature
subtype=Faerie
power=2
toughness=3
[/card]
KF1

Re: Rubinia Soulsinger & Vedalken Shackles need confirmation

Post by KF1 »

I vote that Rubinia Soulsinger be added to the Official primitives list as the Legendary rule will handle most of the duplicate untapping issues.

Vedalkan Shackles should be added to the Crappy primitves list. It works fine as long as there is only one in play at any given time.