[Question] Dual Casting and Evolution Vat - Broken?

For all your questions regarding Image Card Coding.
Please read the Image Posting Guideline & Index before posting in this forum.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST BUG REPORT IN THIS FORUM !!

Please read carefully the forum rules related to the card coding section : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1545

All post will be edited to follow forum rules.
BrotherZed

[Question] Dual Casting and Evolution Vat - Broken?

Post by BrotherZed »

Hello,

I've seen notes to the effect that Evolution Vat was "fixed and working". Not any on Dual Casting. Both cards appear to be broken - Vat's 2GU ability produces strange temporary counters that are not themselves counted as +1/+1 counters and expire EOT; Dual Casting's ability absolutely never can be activated when responding to my own spells (or ever). Tested in V18.6 and 19.0 SVN versions, Windows.

It's strange because the cards are in mtg.txt - doesn't this mean tested and approved? Are there a lot of broken cards that need fixing? I'm a software developer and I could start helping with some fixes, if these are confirmed to not be working because of some kind of bug for Windows but work on other devices like PSP.

Also, is there any known list of broken cards per 18.6/19.0 that are nontheless in the main MTG.txt, and not the borderline file? If not, maybe we could compile a list. I'd also be interested in getting in touch with one of the developers if they have an IRC channel where they hang out or something. I could take a shot at fixing some cards but I want to make sure there isn't a windows specific problem at work here. Thanks in advance.