I need help on a ability on a unique card HELP!

For all your questions regarding Image Card Coding.
Please read the Image Posting Guideline & Index before posting in this forum.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST BUG REPORT IN THIS FORUM !!

Please read carefully the forum rules related to the card coding section : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1545

All post will be edited to follow forum rules.
Nelorio12

I need help on a ability on a unique card HELP!

Post by Nelorio12 »

I'm try to make a unique card for fun and personal use and my ability doesn't work somehow.
When my card successfully done the ninjutsu it doesn't untap itself and tap a target creature on opponent side of the field.
I'm confused on how to do this and any help would be appreciated!
I hope the coding wouldn't be too tough for you guys...

Ninjutsu 1UU(1UU, Return an unblocked attacker you control to hand: Put this card onto the battlefield from your hand tapped and attacking.)
Whenever Akira, The Dark Water deals combat damage to a player, untap Akira, The Dark Water and tap target creature that player controls

Assassinate T (Destroy target tapped creature )

[card]
name=Akira, The Calm Water
id=123456781
autohand={1}{UB}{UB}{N}:ninjutsu
auto=@combatdamaged(player) from(this):untap target(creature|player) && tap target player(creature|opponent)

text=Ninjutsu 1U/BU/B (1U/BU/B, Return an unblocked attacker you control to hand: Put this card onto the battlefield from your hand tapped and attacking.)
Whenever Akira, The Dark Water deals combat damage to a player, untap Akira, The Dark Water and tap target creature that player controls
Assassinate T (Destroy target tapped creature )
mana={2}{UB}{UB}{UB}
type=Creature
subtype=Human Ninja
power=4
toughness=1
rarity=R
[/card]
Tacoghandi

Re: I need help on a ability on a unique card HELP!

Post by Tacoghandi »

auto=@combatdamaged(player) from(this):untap target(creature|player) && tap target player(creature|opponent)
The first issue I see here is that you are trying to untap a target when you just want to untap the Akira. The second problem I see is that you are using the zone keywords wrong. you do not declare player or opponent unless you are targeting that player or opponent. Since you want to target on the battlefield you have to add the zone to the opponent keyword like opponentbattlefield or if you want to target your own stuff then you have to use the my keyword with a zone attached like mybattlefield. next is the issue of trying to use two targets on the same auto line which the game can not handle. It is unable to differentiate which target to use and what order to use them in so you need to use a transforms ability to stack it correctly and declare another target. But technically this card does not need to have two targets based on the wording of the resolution text you wrote.

The card id and rarity are something that only go in a _cards.dat file for the set and not in the primitive. Each card in the game requires both an entry in a _cards.dat and an entry in a primitive in order to work. Look at what is in the game files already to get an idea as to how this is set up.

Code: Select all

[card]
primitive=Akira, The Calm Water
id=123456781
rarity=R
[/card]
There is an issue with the second target on the line as well. Target lines will never have anything between the target and the (type|zone) keywords or they will not work

So in summation since I have to get going and can not help more here is a line that should work and if it does not then post here again and I will check it out when I have more time. I am also assuming the assassinate thing is a normal tap ability. make sure to look for cards in the mtg.txt primitive file for similar abilities to get a better idea on how to code cards. There is also a wiki on card coding available here https://github.com/WagicProject/wagic/wiki/CardCode Id help more if I had the time. :D

Code: Select all

[card]
name=Akira, The Calm Water
autohand={1}{UB}{UB}{N}:ninjutsu
auto=@combatdamaged(opponent) from(this):untap all(this) && tap target(creature|opponentbattlefield)
auto={T}:destroy target(creature[tapped]|battlefield)
text=Ninjutsu 1U/BU/B (1U/BU/B, Return an unblocked Human or Ninja you control to hand: Put this card onto the battlefield from your hand tapped and attacking.) -- Whenever Akira, The Dark Water deals combat damage to a player, untap Akira, The Dark Water and tap target creature that player controls -- {T}: Destroy target tapped creature
mana={2}{UB}{UB}{UB}
type=Creature
subtype=Human Ninja
power=4
toughness=1
[/card]
!!Check out My Created Sets and other Stuff!!

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3380