Phyrexian Metamorph (Wrong code)

For all your questions regarding Image Card Coding.
Please read the Image Posting Guideline & Index before posting in this forum.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST BUG REPORT IN THIS FORUM !!

Please read carefully the forum rules related to the card coding section : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1545

All post will be edited to follow forum rules.
Niegen

Phyrexian Metamorph (Wrong code)

Post by Niegen »

Code: Select all

[card]
name=Phyrexian Metamorph
mana={3}{p(U)}
auto=copy NotATarget(creature)
auto=transforms((artifact)) forever
type=Artifact Creature
subtype=Shapeshifter
power=0
toughness=0
text=({(u/p)} can be paid with either {U} or 2 life.) You may have Phyrexian Metamorph enter the battlefield as a copy of any artifact or creature on the battlefield, except it's an artifact in addition to its other types.
[/card]
Sorry this time it's mine! The shapeshifter should be susceptible to artifact removal after copying a non-artifact creature. On this aspect, the code works for me.
However, and similarly to some other cards that use phyrexian mana, I cannot cast the card for {3}{U}. I always lose 2 life and use 3 mana of the 4 I have.

Deck used for testing:

#NAME:(((000)))Phyrexian Metamorph
Phyrexian Metamorph *20
Ancient Grudge *16
Island *8
Forest *8
Mountain *8
Last edited by Niegen on Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
pankdm

Re: Phyrexian Metamorph (Require Confirmation)

Post by pankdm »

It seems like you missed the word "may".
excessum

Post by excessum »

Metamorph can copy any artifact, not only creatures and AFAIK, there is no support for creatures becoming non-creatures, only the other way round. This was the closest I got with the drawback of not triggering creature ETB effects.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=31480#p58304

[card]
name=Phyrexian Metamorph
auto=choice name(copy non-creature artifact) copy NotATarget(artifact[-creature]) forever
auto=choice name(copy creature) transforms((creature,setpower=0,settoughness=0,newability[copy NotATarget(creature)])) forever
auto=choice name(cancel) transforms(( Shapeshifter Artifact Creature,setpower=0,settoughness=0)) forever
text=({p(U)} can be paid with either {U} or 2 life.)You may have Phyrexian Metamorph enter the battlefield as a copy of any artifact or creature on the battlefield, except it's an artifact in addition to its other types.
mana={3}{p(U)}
type=Artifact
[/card]
Niegen

Post by Niegen »

Ok, I really need to read the d*** card sometimes >_<.