Random numbers for cards Discussion

For all your questions regarding Image Card Coding.
Please read the Image Posting Guideline & Index before posting in this forum.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST BUG REPORT IN THIS FORUM !!

Please read carefully the forum rules related to the card coding section : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1545

All post will be edited to follow forum rules.
KF1

Random numbers for cards Discussion

Post by KF1 »

Card gurus please have a look at the Sega Dreamcast set here on page 1 of this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2240

How hard is it to add a random number generator from 0-6 for bonus/penalties?

If this is possible could some of the Microprose Astral Card set be done too?
Zethfox

Re: Random numbers for cards Discussion

Post by Zethfox »

depends on what youre going to have it do....

if you mean like for dice skill, im already on it...its not hard at all... int diceroll = wrand() % 6;
something like that...but how will it be used and how "dynamic" does it need to be, this is the question.
KF1

Post by KF1 »

Zethfox wrote:depends on what youre going to have it do....

if you mean like for dice skill, im already on it...its not hard at all... int diceroll = wrand() % 6;
something like that...but how will it be used and how "dynamic" does it need to be, this is the question.
I would like to know what you have done on this subject.

The SDC set and the Astral Set would be cool to have even if all of these sets can't make it into Wagic.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

basically practicing stuff from a book im reading...what i need to know is card exsamples...how could random number generators be used in current system.
KF1

Post by KF1 »

Zethfox, any news on random abilities for Wagic? The Sega Dreamcast and Astral sets should have exellent examples f what you are looking for I think.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

those are all very possible, but with so many actual MTGAbilities still missing from wagic, these 2 sets are not on the top of my priority list unfortunately.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

card types on the top of my list currently:

cards that target something and everything thing else that shares a stated quality ie: coat of arms;eradicate;radience effect;ect

cards that are similar to momentary blink;

@lifed( trigger

cards that use the wording "that much" as in "when a target takes damage you gain that much life"

card that do an effect based on one of the cards qualities such as "this creature deals damage = to its power to target, target deals damage = to its power to the card.

eradicate effect and the last one are already coded now doc is coding the cards; tho ive decided to make the 2 class far more dynamic then just the effect they produce. so expanding them is what im after.

abilities that are or are going to be ready to serve are phaseaction[ ]; upcost with support for "&&" ;a true cumulative upcost; a true modular; @vampired( the sengir vampire trigger;removel of all of a specified counter type or vampire hexmage effect; ect...just to name a few.
KF1

Post by KF1 »

Thanks for the update Zethfox!