Kithkin Mourncaller doesn't call the Drawing option

For all your questions regarding Image Card Coding.
Please read the Image Posting Guideline & Index before posting in this forum.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST BUG REPORT IN THIS FORUM !!

Please read carefully the forum rules related to the card coding section : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1545

All post will be edited to follow forum rules.
rpgabriel

Kithkin Mourncaller doesn't call the Drawing option

Post by rpgabriel »

Hey everyone,

It's my 1st attempt of changing something that I notice it did not work properly on Wagic. I hope I don't bother you guys with some stupidity... (BTW, I have read the coding sections and tried some few codes before posting here)

The card in question is Kithkin Mourncaller

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... eid=139497

In an Elf deck, when having Kithkin Mourncaller in the battlefield and an elf goes to the graveyard from attack, I don't receive the menu to select to draw a card (or not).

the original code is:

Code: Select all

[card]
name=Kithkin Mourncaller
auto=@movedTo(kithkin[attacking]|mygraveyard) from(battlefield):may draw:1
auto=@movedTo(elf[attacking]|mygraveyard) from(battlefield):may draw:1
text=Whenever an attacking Kithkin or Elf is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, you may draw a card.
mana={2}{G}
type=Creature
subtype=Kithkin Scout
power=2
toughness=2
[/card]
I would like to call the attention to this specific line:

I just think that the engine does not recognize that the elf was attacking when it hits my graveyard.

I changed the line to:

auto=@movedTo(elf|mygraveyard) from(battlefield):may draw:1
and it "worked", with the wrong outcome of working in any death of elves, not only when attacking.

Am I right of thinking that the problem is that after the elf is in the graveyard, it is not attacking anymore? Could it be something else? (I am 100% sure it is not the fact that it has the same similar line for kithkin)

I also welcome any other ideas.

RPGabriel
(I will keep trying, but some help would be nice!)
Zethfox

Re: Kithkin Mourncaller doesn't call the Drawing option

Post by Zethfox »

this is not correct, yes it fixes the card, i have discussed this with wololo about the parser not using advanced card targetting in triggers.

yes you are right about thinking the "after elf" is not attacking anymore HOWEVER...

and

auto=@movedTo(mygraveyard) from(elf[attacking]|battlefield):may draw:1 <---this checks the "before elf"

is SUPPOSED to work...however as you mentioned, the game doesnt even look at it and instantly just writes the card off as not a match.

please if you would take a min to open a issue ticket about this here
http://code.google.com/p/wagic/issues/list
rpgabriel

Post by rpgabriel »

Hey Zeth,

Your code really worked in many tests that I tried, and I am preparing a stress test to make sure that it works correctly in all (supposed) possible situations.

Initially I though it was not a case for reporting an issue, but in this case, I'll do it!

Many thanks Zethfox, you are the man!

RPGabriel
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

it only looks like it works, if you look closely you will see that its triggering for any elf, not just attacking elves...or it just does nothing at all.
rpgabriel

Post by rpgabriel »

Zeth,

I am convinced that you new code for the cardcode of Kithkin Mourncaller should solve the problem (at least, for this specific card...)

auto=@movedTo(mygraveyard) from(elf[attacking]|battlefield):may draw:1
Check my tries:

ok - shock on 1 elf, with 1 mourncaller on owner's battlefield: no draw
ok - 1 attacking elf dying blocked, with 1 mourncaller on owner's battlefield: draw 1
ok (based on this discussion: http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?p=2478140) - 2 attacking creatures, 1 elf & 1 kithkin mourncaller dying, with 2 mourncaller on owner's battlefield (one of them is the one attacking and dying): draw 4
ok - 3 attacking elves, 1 elf dying blocked, with 1 mourncaller on owner's battlefield: draw 1
ok - many creatures attacking, 1 elf & 1 goblin dying, with 1 mourncaller on owner's battlefield: draw 1
ok - opponent's turn, shock on 1 of my elves, with 1 mourncaller on my battlefield: no draw
ok - 1 attacking goblin dying, with 1 mourncaller on owner's battlefield: no draw
ok - shock on 1 goblin, with 1 mourncaller on owner's battlefield: no draw
ok - many creatures attacking, 1 elf & 1 goblin dying, with 1 mourncaller on their owner's battlefield: draw 1; simultaneously, 1 blocking elf dying, with 1 mourncaller on its owner's battlefield: no draw
ok - 1 attacking elf dying with an Instant (shock), with 1 mourncaller on its owner's battlefield: draw 1 (even before processing combat damage, although the elf was already designated to attack)
ok - 2 kithkin mourncaller dying during battle (one attacking, one blocking), no other mourncallers on any battlefield: draw 1 only for the attacking player
ok - 2 creatures attacking, 1 elf & 1 goblin dying, with 3 mourncallers on their owner's battlefield: draw 3; simultaneously, 1 blocking elf dying, with 1 mourncaller on its owner's battlefield: no draw

I tried everything in game, and in my judgement I am confident that it is working as it should.
Obviously I believe there is more possibilities, but I also believe that the events above should cover the major part of what could happen in a real game.

Cheers!