TEMPEST 130/350 Version2

All posts that are not relevant anymore.
Forum rules
Warning, you are in the archives section. There is a high risk the posts in this section are not accurate. Please use the search button to see if you can find more up to date information
Dr.Solomat

TEMPEST 130/350 Version2

Post by Dr.Solomat »

Hi everybody!

I finished my work on TEMPEST, Set 1 of 3 of Tempest Block. 130 of 350 cards are playable now!

THIS SET HAS BEEN INCLUDED INTO WAGIC A LONG TIME AGO AND THUS DOES NOT HAVE TO BE DOWNLOADED SEPARATELY!

Some PLAYABLE Highlights:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Bug Reports are welcome! Post them in the "BUG REPORTS"-Area, not here!

Have fun!
Last edited by Dr.Solomat on Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sets Coded/Released: Legends, Visions, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Portal I & III, Urza's Saga BLOCK, Mercadian Masques, Invasion BLOCK, Mirrodin, Ravnica, Guildpact, Conflux, Alara Reborn
wololo
Site Admin

Re: TEMPEST 130/350

Post by wololo »

Wow this is cool !
I think if I include this set (I added portal) to Wagic, next release could have close to 1000 cards, not counting all other user created sets !
One thing though, I never implemented sacrifice, how do you do it ? with a "bury" ? We might want to implement sacrifice correctly, I hope I'll have time to work on it in the weeks to come.
wololo
Site Admin

Re: TEMPEST 130/350

Post by wololo »

quick review :

In a general way, be very careful with rules that say "when ... comes into play ... target ..." , because currently there is no way in wagic to code these rules, as you'll have to select the target BEFORE your card comes into play, which is incorrect.

Aftershock : damage 3 and lose 3 life is not exactly the same, as damages can be prevented
Armor sliver: its ability probably won't work (needs testing)
Blood Frenzy : I think the target creature won't be destroyed at end of turn
Cloudchaser Eagle : technically it's wrong, because you have to choose the target enchantment before putting the card into play, which is not what the rule says
Commander Greven il-Vec : bury and sacrifice are not exactly the same thing, although this works. Also, you have to choose the sacrificed creature before the card comes into play,which is not what the rules say
Dismiss : Does it work to have an Alias AND an auto ability? I think not, but I'll try to implement it because it is a nice idea
Flowstone Salamander : will not exactly work as expected
Gravedigger : will have to choose target before card comes into play
Knight of Dawn : missing "green" in "protection from green"
Natural Spring: cannot target opponent
Perish: replace "bury" with "destroy"
Puppet Strings: I think this is a bit incorrect, but very difficult to explain. I think you can choose to tap or untap when the effect resolves, rather than when you play it... a bit difficult...
Safeguard: the way you coded that is soooo wrong :lol:
Wind Drake: abilities=flying repeated twice

These are just minor points . Some of the cards mentioned above wouldn't make it into an "official" release (some of them cannot be correctly solved without changes in the code), but that's, what, 5 cards in a 130 cards set? So good job, I'll probably add it to next release!
Dr.Solomat

Re: TEMPEST 130/350 Version2

Post by Dr.Solomat »

Hi wololo,

thx for checking the cards_dat.

I corrected Knight of Dawn, Perish (i made the mistake in the game text, in fact it BURIES all green men) and Wind Drake. You can delete it from your problem list.

- Comes-into-play-creatures: You are right, they should not be in an official release because they work as sorceries when played (they need a legal target).

- Safeguard: Well, I just wanted to make some innovative step to make this work. And in the end it does in some strange way what the creature shouldn't do: Damage! :) Okay, maybe I should correct the target in the autoline to: target(creature[attacking;blocking]).... :mrgreen:

- Why should Blood Frenzy and Puppet Strings not work? Coding is correct. I think Puppet Strings is okay for the moment! Its just a mini mini flaw! Plz put this card into the official release!

- Dismiss should work! I will test it again....later
Sets Coded/Released: Legends, Visions, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Portal I & III, Urza's Saga BLOCK, Mercadian Masques, Invasion BLOCK, Mirrodin, Ravnica, Guildpact, Conflux, Alara Reborn
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

do you by any chance have the "todo.dat" file for this set and the portal set ? that would help a lot !
Dr.Solomat

Post by Dr.Solomat »

Hi wololo,

i did not create a todo_dat for both sets, but that's no problem. I will try to make them the next week.

Tested some cards you called in your last post:

Dimiss works! Perfect!

Blood Frenzy does not work! :(
bcdiscman

Post by bcdiscman »

I noticed that Canyon Wildcat's text reads:
text=Reach (This creature can block creatures with flying.)
This is a mistake, it should read:
Mountainwalk (This creature is unblockable as long as defending player controls a Mountain.)
ImageImageImageImage
BCdiscman