Delete this please ill be release this as an updatedaddon

All posts that are not relevant anymore.
Forum rules
Warning, you are in the archives section. There is a high risk the posts in this section are not accurate. Please use the search button to see if you can find more up to date information
Zethfox

Re: suspended card collection with pics and premade

Post by Zethfox »

double check your MTG primitive and see if it has the ";" right after the upcost mana...if it has a comma it wont work..if thats not the case then we got some probelms
KF1

Post by KF1 »

Zethfox wrote:double check your MTG primitive and see if it has the ";" right after the upcost mana...if it has a comma it wont work..if thats not the case then we got some probelms
Regarding Echo, it works fine on my PSP copy. I will try to copy the PSP version I have over to my PC and see if that fixes my PC problem.

In the meantime, are these Suspended cards going to be added to the official primitives txt? I hope so.

My long term goal is to put them in their respective sets and rezip them. Maybe Abra wil beat me to it, LOL.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

KF1 wrote:
Zethfox wrote:double check your MTG primitive and see if it has the ";" right after the upcost mana...if it has a comma it wont work..if thats not the case then we got some probelms
Regarding Echo, it works fine on my PSP copy. I will try to copy the PSP version I have over to my PC and see if that fixes my PC problem.

In the meantime, are these Suspended cards going to be added to the official primitives txt? I hope so.

My long term goal is to put them in their respective sets and rezip them. Maybe Abra wil beat me to it, LOL.
ive been using them in my decks, but im also the person that coded those cards so my word means nothing LOL...until more people try them chances are only you and i will enjoy the work i put into them...
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

KF1 wrote:In the meantime, are these Suspended cards going to be added to the official primitives txt? I hope so.
Well, as long as they are not added to the primitive I don't see the point of adding them to the image package... but as soon as this is done then it's not an issue to add them to their original set ;)

Regarding all new additions/code submission, I must admit that the dev team is not very present at the moment, there's only Dr. Solomat but he can't get all checked by himself, we all have real life issue at the moment and other priorities... .

The main issue I personally see is that we are currently adding a lot of cards with "workaround" for effect that should/could be hardcoded in order to improve performance and we are also adding a lot of tokens where we need to be 100% sure they will not create ID conflict in the end. I did not had real time to think about all of that, but maybe we should open a debate about it.

I say that because I know that the game has some difficulty with cards with a lot of auto-line. I'm not sure we still have the limitation, but the engine used to "not be able" to handle more than 64 auto line at the same time on the battlefield... In any case going more than this number will ultimatively result in speed/memory problem... maybe not on newer PSP model, but my PSP fat is not always happy with it's memory...

So we should maybe open a discussion, especially because we introduced "grade" but are not using them, because we decided not to add any "crappy" cards to the SVN... but then if we don't add this crappy card then what is the whole purpose of adding a grade system ?

In any case that's great work you've been putting here (and there)... maybe you should simply make a post called "zethfox's primitive" and post your own mtg.txt with all the crazy addition you've made recently (+maybe all the one you can find in the forum that are not yet added to the SVN, + all bug you corrected that are not yet added to the SVN, etc... etc...) will surely help everybody to test all this addition...

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

abrasax wrote:
KF1 wrote:In the meantime, are these Suspended cards going to be added to the official primitives txt? I hope so.
Well, as long as they are not added to the primitive I don't see the point of adding them to the image package... but as soon as this is done then it's not an issue to add them to their original set ;)
Regarding all new additions/code submission, I must admit that the dev team is not very present at the moment, there's only Dr. Solomat but he can't get all checked by himself, we all have real life issue at the moment and other priorities... .
The main issue I personally see is that we are currently adding a lot of cards with "workaround" for effect that should/could be hardcoded in order to improve performance and we are also adding a lot of tokens where we need to be 100% sure they will not create ID conflict in the end. I did not had real time to think about all of that, but maybe we should open a debate about it.
I say that because I know that the game has some difficulty with cards with a lot of auto-line. I'm not sure we still have the limitation, but the engine used to "not be able" to handle more than 64 auto line at the same time on the battlefield... In any case going more than this number will ultimatively result in speed/memory problem... maybe not on newer PSP model, but my PSP fat is not always happy with it's memory...
So we should maybe open a discussion, especially because we introduced "grade" but are not using them, because we decided not to add any "crappy" cards to the SVN... but then if we don't add this crappy card then what is the whole purpose of adding a grade system ?
In any case that's great work you've been putting here (and there)... maybe you should simply make a post called "zethfox's primitive" and post your own mtg.txt with all the crazy addition you've made recently (+maybe all the one you can find in the forum that are not yet added to the SVN, + all bug you corrected that are not yet added to the SVN, etc... etc...) will surely help everybody to test all this addition...
Grü
Abra

regaurding adding them to thier original sets, i dont think you guys grasp how long it took to fetch every cards ID and copy paste the names into templetes....3 to 4 hour of work...was just coping "finding the original pasting the id" but your free to do what you will with the stuff :D lol

if i did this again i would use the mother card ID with a couple extra numbers added at the back so the cards could be more uniform with thier originals...
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

[qoute]

Grü

Abra[/quote]

The main issue I personally see is that we are currently adding a lot of cards with "workaround" for effect that should/could be hardcoded in order to improve performance and we are also adding a lot of tokens where we need to be 100% sure they will not create ID conflict in the end. I did not had real time to think about all of that, but maybe we should open a debate about it. <------unfortunately i dont know C++ otherwise everything i code would be in the form of SVN project updates to support what the card does....so it can be reused...
i can see your point tho....but its either code with workarounds or code nothing at all it seems.....every time i sit down to code a card it seems like all the easy {T}:add{g} have been added, and all the cards left are cards with unsupported features....what i would like is maybe a poll....code master willing......about what we would like to see next in wagic...like abilities....maybe one of the code masters might see that we all want "mana reducing" or something of the sorts and want to actually code it.

pspfat= 32mbs of ram
pspslim=64mbs of ram

i finished the code for coat of arms lord'ing +1/+1 to each main type...57 lines of code...as long as i wasnt trying to run my sunburst creatures at the same time the psp slim handled it with no issue...which btw coat of arms only grants the 1/1 for the MAIN type of a creature...some one got that wrong in a post about it on this forum...it wouldnt have 300 or so lines of code as it only applies bonuses to species.....

and on that note
a bigger preformence issue ariase from how the game handles equip currently
tokens and counter work arounds do very litte to impact the preformence compared to equiping a creature...
currently it appears equipment is running it line of code granting the ability OVER AND OVER AND OVER im sure to insure that the creature lose the bonus once unequipped...for an idea of what i mean run this code and you will get an idea of how the game handles equipment versus tossing a token on the screen for a work around then erasing it in exile....
run this... it helps you to understand how equip handles code

Code: Select all

[card]
name=Sigil of Distinction
auto=thisforeach(x) counter(0/0,1,charge) all(this)
auto=thisforeach(counter{0/0.1.charge}) 1/1 mytgt
auto={0}:equip
text=
type=artifact
subtype=equipment
mana={x}
[/card]
pay 1 mana for it....and equip it to your target creature...expected result...you get 1/1....real result is how the game handles equipment currently...if preformence is a bigger concern for the Code masters....then equipment is one of the first things that needs to get looked at, not tokens and counter workarounds.

personally i would like nothing more then to NEVER have to use a counter or token workaround....i wish i could sit down and say

Name:Angelheart Vial
Cost: 5
Type:Artifact
Rules Text:Whenever you're dealt damage, you may put that many charge counters on Angelheart Vial.
{2}, {T}, Remove four charge counters from Angelheart Vial: You gain 2 life and draw a card.

no probelm=

[card]
name=angelheart vial
auto=@damaged(controller):foreach(damage) counter(0/0,1,charge)
auto={2}{t}{counter(0/0,-4,charge)}: life:2 controller && draw:1 controller

but the reality is that theres no such thing as "foreach(damage)" we could use silly workarounds that work for creatures damaging a player but if you get hit with an instant or sorcery, it would flop :/

my dream would be to be able to sit down and see a card and make it in less then 5 mins while knowing it will work as coded....