Premium Deck Slivers

All posts that are not relevant anymore.
Forum rules
Warning, you are in the archives section. There is a high risk the posts in this section are not accurate. Please use the search button to see if you can find more up to date information
Psyringe

Re: Premium Deck Slivers

Post by Psyringe »

Some quick replies (little time right now):
mega wrote:Cards that already existed I just copied them into my card.dat, so I could get a better understanding of how to create my own cards and to test if they were working correctly. Plus I needed to change the ids so the cards would use the artwork from the PDS set.
Not sure what you mean, but cards should use the official IDs from the Gatherer since these are guaranteed to be unique. Don't create cards with the same IDs as already existing ones, you'll cause conflicts (usually the new card will override the old card, which then won't be accessible anymore).
mega wrote:Others I created my like Homing Sliver, Root Crag and today Brood Sliver are my own and finally working.
Great, I hope I have the time to check whether these can be added to Wagic. :)
mega wrote:Though when Brood Sliver creates a token, if a Gemhide Sliver is in play it will also give you the option to create mana but I just ignore it.
Not sure what you mean here, but the tokens created by Brood Sliver are Slivers themselves, so they should be affected by Gemhide Sliver's ability and should give you the ability to generate mana.
mega wrote:Though I see Rootbound Crag is in the SVN but it is coded as

Code: Select all

auto=tap
auto=aslongas(mountain,forest|myBattlefield) untap
Your code looks cleaner to me than the one currently in the SVN but please check whether it really works under all circumstances, sometimes we have to resort to slightly odd coding because the "usual" way doesn't work.
mega wrote: Fungus Sliver is still a problem..

text=All Sliver creatures have "Whenever this creature is dealt damage, put a +1/+1 counter on it."
auto=lord(sliver) auto=@damaged(this):counter(1/1,1)
It doesn't seem to want to add a counter, I think I have the @damage(this) bit wrong??
Try:
auto=lord(sliver) @damaged(this):counter(1/1,1)

(Theres never an "auto=" in the card code except at the beginning of a line.)
mega wrote:My goal is to recreate the card set (which is the Sixth Set) from the Dreamcast Version of Magic the Gathering video here and code the DC only cards as well.
If you mean "6th Edition" by "Sixth Set", then we already have it in the SVN (not all cards coded of course). PDS has also been added recently. :)
mega

Post by mega »

The cards ids came from Gatherer, changed it so the cards would have the art work from the PDS and not other versions. For example Acidic Sliver PDS looks like this and not the version from Stronghold.

Tested Rootbound Crag with a deck just built with land cards. Surprise, surprise, mine didn't come in tapped if a mountain or forest was in play but yours did :P Guess I should have tried it without a mountain or forest in play.

I did remove the auto from Fungus Sliver and it does give a +1/+1 counter but this counter only lasts until until end of turn. How can I keep it there?

Also I removed the auto from my Brood Sliver

auto=lord(sliver) auto=@damaged(player) from(Sliver):may token(Sliver,Creature Sliver,1/1)
and it still works. Thanks for the advice about auto. The problem with the mana is when the game asks if you want to create a token it also shows the option to produce mana if a Gemhide Sliver is present. It's no biggie, I just ignore it like you said in your first post.
Psyringe wrote:If you mean "6th Edition" by "Sixth Set", then we already have it in the SVN
lol 6th Edition yeah ...I'm such a noob, I've only been playing Magic now for four months. Will check out the SVN and make a start on what's missing as these Slivers are giving me a headache but thanks for ya help and will give it another shot on the weekend.
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

mega wrote:The cards ids came from Gatherer, changed it so the cards would have the art work from the PDS and not other versions. For example Acidic Sliver PDS looks like this and not the version from Stronghold.
Sounds like you did it exactly right. I misunderstood that because I confused the sets PDS and PLS (I thought you had copied existing IDs from PLS instead of using the new unique ones from PDS). Sorry, my mistake.

Regarding the coding questions (Rootbound Crag, Fungus Sliver, Brood Sliver), I'll see that I have some time to have a closer look at these cards, but it will probably take a few days.
mega wrote:6th Edition yeah ...I'm such a noob, I've only been playing Magic now for four months. Will check out the SVN and make a start on what's missing as these Slivers are giving me a headache but thanks for ya help and will give it another shot on the weekend.
I'm probably a noob too since I knew absolutely nothing about post-4th Edition stuff until I found Wagic last August. ;) Checking the SVN is a good idea. If you have questions, fire away - the file structure has changed a little recently and I haven't checked the documentation yet, so the docs may not be totally up to date right now.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Psyringe wrote:
mega wrote:
mega wrote:6th Edition yeah ...I'm such a noob, I've only been playing Magic now for four months. Will check out the SVN and make a start on what's missing as these Slivers are giving me a headache but thanks for ya help and will give it another shot on the weekend.
I'm probably a noob too since I knew absolutely nothing about post-4th Edition stuff until I found Wagic last August. ;)
Haha, tell me about it, where did the interrupts go?
When I was playing as a kid, me and my friends were convinced that "frozen shade" was the most powerful card in the game, since the text didn't specify "until end of turn" :lol:
Saint

Post by Saint »

wololo wrote: Haha, tell me about it, where did the interrupts go?
When I was playing as a kid, me and my friends were convinced that "frozen shade" was the most powerful card in the game, since the text didn't specify "until end of turn" :lol:
Lol yeah i remember that i checked out a deck i made as a kid, it sucked SO badly **** just focusing on pumping creatures that were way to expensive in the first place, like Sengir vampire and Nightmare's with a few black moons lol. Did find a pump knight deck i created even before the pumpknight theme catched on so i was pretty impressed by that one haha.

(you can quote only 3 ppl so i'll work the rest down :P

As for what mega sayed about coding a precon deck, i didn't mean to say it was a bad thing i just meant it sucks against a well constructed deck :P it would be more fun to play Divine vs Demonic or Garruk vs Liliana or whatever that's all i'm saying. You actually coding slivers is a good thing.

As for what psy sayed, coding slivers must be a tricky thing because they all effect eachother and all have different abilities etc etc. plus the tokens some of them create,. mana they make them generate blablabla
Gotta code in the fact that other slivers from your opponent and shapeshifters for instance get the abilities aswell (still looking for a combo or card in real life to block this effect for my sliver sideboard :P)
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

Saint wrote:As for what psy sayed, coding slivers must be a tricky thing because they all effect eachother and all have different abilities etc etc. plus the tokens some of them create,. mana they make them generate blablabla
Gotta code in the fact that other slivers from your opponent and shapeshifters for instance get the abilities aswell (still looking for a combo or card in real life to block this effect for my sliver sideboard :P)
You're giving me a great opportunity to advertise Wagic's coding system a bit, because taking the complexity of the issue (which you described above) into account, codingsuch cards is actually fairly easy. :)

For example, Might Sliver (which gives all Slivers in play +2/+2) is coded with one very short line:

auto=lord(sliver) 2/2

- "lord" means that the effect will affect other cards continuously
- "sliver" describes the type of cards that are affected
- "2/2" is the actual effect

Likewise, a line like "auto=lord(elf) flying" would give all elves the "flying" ability.

Usually, effects affect all cards on the battlefield which match the given criteria, regardless of who controls them. You can easily change this by specifying a zone, like this:

auto=lord(sliver!mybattlefield) 2/2
(note: the "!" sign should actually be a vertical dash, but I'm on a Mac keyboard here and couldn't find it ;) )

This would be the card of your dreams, which adds its bonus only to the slivers you control. :)

The underlying program code (which takes care that the effect really only gets applied to the cards that should get it) actually is pretty complicated, but that's all under the hood of the engine, the card coder doesn't have to worry about that. :)
Saint

Post by Saint »

Psyringe wrote:
Saint wrote:As for what psy sayed, coding slivers must be a tricky thing because they all effect eachother and all have different abilities etc etc. plus the tokens some of them create,. mana they make them generate blablabla
You're giving me a great opportunity to advertise Wagic's coding system a bit, because taking the complexity of the issue (which you described above) into account, codingsuch cards is actually fairly easy. :)

For example, Might Sliver (which gives all Slivers in play +2/+2) is coded with one very short line:

auto=lord(sliver) 2/2

- "lord" means that the effect will affect other cards continuously
- "sliver" describes the type of cards that are affected
- "2/2" is the actual effect

Likewise, a line like "auto=lord(elf) flying" would give all elves the "flying" ability.

Usually, effects affect all cards on the battlefield which match the given criteria, regardless of who controls them. You can easily change this by specifying a zone, like this:

auto=lord(sliver!mybattlefield) 2/2
(note: the "!" sign should actually be a vertical dash, but I'm on a Mac keyboard here and couldn't find it ;) )

This would be the card of your dreams, which adds its bonus only to the slivers you control. :)

The underlying program code (which takes care that the effect really only gets applied to the cards that should get it) actually is pretty complicated, but that's all under the hood of the engine, the card coder doesn't have to worry about that. :)
First of all the mybattlefield part really would make it the sliver card i'd want in my real deck aswell lol but unfortunatly it counts for all slivers not just your own.
It does make the coding alot easier because its linked to the "Lord" command for instance, but it still renders some sliver cards unable to be codec as of yet :P as already discussed above.
The Engine behind the game really does make it easy to program though but it might end up with some conflicts here and there because the game itself is pretty dang complex (that's why alot of cards are still not coded) but then again its really flexible so its all fixable in due time.
"The bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Ripley Scrowle, Elias Ashmole's Theatrum Chemicum Britannicum - 1652