Wagic PSP release August 2019

Announcements/news by the admins & moderators
sandman423

Re: Wagic PSP release August 2019

Post by sandman423 »

It has been a long time since I messed with CFW and Wagic.

currently I am not sure how to get this to work. My Current PSP Slim 3000 Firmware is 6-60LME 2.2 and when I loaded up the WTH 0.23.1 it just freezes on the loading Screen it says In Italiano - Primitives and it crashes.

Not sure if I need to update firmware or what I am lost.

got it from here viewtopic.php?p=99279#p99279
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

sandman423 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:27 am It has been a long time since I messed with CFW and Wagic.

currently I am not sure how to get this to work. My Current PSP Slim 3000 Firmware is 6-60LME 2.2 and when I loaded up the WTH 0.23.1 it just freezes on the loading Screen it says In Italiano - Primitives and it crashes.

Not sure if I need to update firmware or what I am lost.

got it from here viewtopic.php?p=99279#p99279
Hi,

First of all download again the PSP/PSVita version from the previous post:

http://wololo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... =20#p99279

Then you can try to delete the file "collection.dat" from your User/player folder and copy the following file (LimitedCardList.txt) into your User folder:
https://github.com/WagicProject/wagic/r ... rdList.txt

Also avoid yo use any custom theme with audio.

In this way you will reduce the RAM usage of your device because you will limit the number of total primitives that will be loaded at the startup (At the moment i added to the list all the cards composing all the current decks in game, but of course you can add/remove cards from this list later). I cannot promise it will work on PSP-3000, but at least on PSVITA it helped a lot to save RAM and i could be able to run again the game with Adrenaline for couple of hours without any crash.

Let me know if it helps, see you soon.
ph34rbot

Post by ph34rbot »

Just to add to the conversation that Wagic on psp/psvita/emulator can load only one of the big primitive files mtg.txt or borderline.txt but can't seem to load both.
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

ph34rbot wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:39 pm Just to add to the conversation that Wagic on psp/psvita/emulator can load only one of the big primitive files mtg.txt or borderline.txt but can't seem to load both.
Hi,

Actually not totally correct, the problem is related to many factors, one of course is the total number or primitives to load at the startup, another is related to the size of the collection.dat file, another one is related to theme and sounds, another one is related to the new features added in these years, all together they saturate in really short time the 64Mb of RAM (with 32Mb devices is even worse of course).

With my last update (in the Forum or on GITHUB), i tried to solve this problem with a simply (but maybe effective) workaround: It should be enough to remove or reduce the "collection.dat" file in the User/player folder and copy the new "LimitedCardList.txt" file (the link is in my usual post) in the User folder. In this way the game should run with no problem at least on PSVITA using Adrenaline (not sure about PSP-3000 since i don't have one to test).

Basically now, at the startup, the game loads just a limited set of cards from all txt files in the primitives folder and in this way it saves a lot of RAM. Usually it's enough to load a limited set of cards to play with a lot of decks, no need to put in memory all the entire database, especially in such old and limited devices.

At the moment the list already contains all the cards and tokens used by all the decks in the game (around 3000 i guess), but it can be extended more (according to user needs and wishes) before to consume all the available RAM (I'm considering only the 64Mb devices).

Of course when you edit the "LimitedCardList.txt" file to add/remove cards you will need to restart game to see the effects.

See you.
sandman423

Post by sandman423 »

What does this update?

Do you update original post with what the new updates do or do you just upgrade the links with nothing listed for what you updated?

Just was curious
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

sandman423 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:10 pm What does this update?

Do you update original post with what the new updates do or do you just upgrade the links with nothing listed for what you updated?

Just was curious
Hi,

I'm generally adding new cards, fixing bugs, fixing sets and so on. If you are curious, you can always check the details from GITHUB changelog: https://github.com/WagicProject/wagic/b ... ANGELOG.md

See you.

P. S.
When you have time, take a look to the new resolution of PSP version startup crash, i wrote you here:
viewtopic.php?p=100271#p100271
jerry_rtldg

Post by jerry_rtldg »

Vitty85 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:58 pm Hi,

I just updated the Wagic version 0.23.1 and i renewed all the links in the previous post: http://wololo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... =20#p99279

Let me know it there is any problem with new version, see you soon ;)
Card image downloader don't work. You have a detailed description on how it works and how to use it but why not tell were probably locate the files so that it works?

Window 7, Java 17:
Sets Dropbox list only has the *_* option and the path selection I can go to the res folder but on selecting it program still reads can't find

Phone: pixel 3L not sure on Android version
The program will not even open
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

jerry_rtldg wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:54 pm
Vitty85 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:58 pm Hi,

I just updated the Wagic version 0.23.1 and i renewed all the links in the previous post: http://wololo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... =20#p99279

Let me know it there is any problem with new version, see you soon ;)
Card image downloader don't work. You have a detailed description on how it works and how to use it but why not tell were probably locate the files so that it works?

Window 7, Java 17:
Sets Dropbox list only has the *_* option and the path selection I can go to the res folder but on selecting it program still reads can't find

Phone: pixel 3L not sure on Android version
The program will not even open
Hi,

About card image you just have to open program, select the Wagic main folder path (not Res) with the button (be sure the user folder already exists). Then the combo with set will fill with all sets, it’s very easy.

About pixel I have no idea, I tried with many Android devices from Android 8 to 10 and I never had any problem, I don’t know how to help…

See you.
wagicmagic28

Post by wagicmagic28 »

WHERE THE HECK ARE THE MISSING IMAGES?
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Hi,

Which missing images?

And also, don’t write in that way or I will not answer to your posts.

See you.