Wagic PSP release August 2019

Announcements/news by the admins & moderators
Vitty85

Re: Wagic PSP release August 2019

Post by Vitty85 »

cha0z_ wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:46 am Sure, will test it on my HTC M8 to see how it rolls. (gave my s7e to my sister)
Hi,

I sent you a private message with links for new version to test.

See you soon, thanks.
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Hi,

I added one gesture to Android app to activate menu items even for device without side menu bar (e.g. those running Android 10). Basically, if you will Swipe down your finger you will open an Option Menu with the following choices:
  • Settings
  • Import Decks
  • Card Downloader
  • About
I hope this will help user who cannot use the side option menu in the newest Android 10 (of course the old menu will be still supported in Android 9 devices by usage og the "..." button in the navigation bar).

See you soon with the new version.
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Hi,

I just updated the Wagic version 0.22.3 and i renewed all the links in the previous post: http://wololo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... =20#p99279

Let me know it there is any problem with new version, see you soon ;)
roughtimes

Post by roughtimes »

I've been playing wagic for years on the PSP but getting images to work on Android has made my head explode.

Wagic is working but no images

I downloaded the image file for android and unzipped it. I moved the images to Res/Sets

What did I do wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Hi,

You don’t have to extract the archive in res/sets, you should extract it in user/sets.

In this way you will have this kind of situation:

User/sets/ELD/ELD.zip
User/sets/ZNR/ZNR.zip

And so on...

With this situation the game will load images.

See you.
Darth Agnon

Post by Darth Agnon »

Just seen a bunch of commits in the GitHub labelled "Commander" :o :shock:

Really impressive, and really looking forward to it!

Thank you, Vitty!
Like Wagic? Check out my custom themes, etc. at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=66181
Wololo's article: http://wololo.net/2016/07/14/new-wagic- ... rth-agnon/
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Darth Agnon wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:09 pm Just seen a bunch of commits in the GitHub labelled "Commander" :o :shock:

Really impressive, and really looking forward to it!

Thank you, Vitty!
I just released the new official Wagic version 0.23.1, you can find all the links in the previous post:
http://wololo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... =20#p99279

This Wagic version finally supports the Commander Format including Command Zone and Sideboard Zone directly accessible from 2 dedicated buttons on the battlefield (they are on the right side of the Exile Zone button). The user will be also able to build his Commander deck from Deck Editor Menu adding a Commander and play with AI in the new game mode following the Commander standard rules.

To unlock the Commander Format mode you can add prx_commander=1 in your options.txt file (or just use the files in my zip archives). To build a deck you can use the Deck Editor Menu or you can edit the deck txt file adding "#CMD:" tag for your commander card. If you build a Deck with a commander remember that the game will allow in your deck only cards with same identity color of that commander, and, except for the basic lands, the cards cannot be duplicated, just single instances are allowed (you can also find 2 example of Commander Decks in the User/player and User/ai/baka folders of my archives to have an idea how they work and to play sample matches).

Be aware that this is the first release of Wagic that supports Commander Format, so there could be some bugs despite my tests, so please just report me feedback and be patient for a future resolution.
FatMerc

Post by FatMerc »

@Vitty85 Hi, I tried the newest version of Wagic for PSP on PPSSPP. It gets stuck at loading primitives, but when I use 18.6 it works fine. Been using it on a iPhone 8 Plus with PPSSPP at 1.10.3. Just wish I could use a newer version without the hang. I tried it with signed and unsigned pbp files. Tried the force “333”MHz trick, but no dice. I mean there’s 16,000 supported cards in 18.6 right. It can’t be too many more on this new version? Oh well, nice work. PSP geeks still lurking around.
Bas

Post by Bas »

Of he can answer this better than me, but new PSP versions have quite some issues and i can't seem to get newers to work. Is there a way to emulate android apps on your iphone? If so, that's likely the better bet.
Forums are down atm.

Please join the discord server in order to not miss stuff and be reachable:
https://discord.gg/JHK5pVaK5p

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

FatMerc wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:03 am @Vitty85 Hi, I tried the newest version of Wagic for PSP on PPSSPP. It gets stuck at loading primitives, but when I use 18.6 it works fine. Been using it on a iPhone 8 Plus with PPSSPP at 1.10.3. Just wish I could use a newer version without the hang. I tried it with signed and unsigned pbp files. Tried the force “333”MHz trick, but no dice. I mean there’s 16,000 supported cards in 18.6 right. It can’t be too many more on this new version? Oh well, nice work. PSP geeks still lurking around.
Hi,

First of all the 0.18.6 version was already near to saturate the PSP RAM with 16000 primitives and the 0.23.1 version has more than 19745 primitives, so the 32Mb of RAM are absolutely insufficient.

Also, the 0.18.x version has a lot of features less than 0.23.1, so it's not just about the cards, there are a plenty of sets more (around 100 more) and also a lot of mechanism have been implemented that requires more RAM and CPU to be used (just think to Commander format which allocates two decks composed by 100 cards each one and uses a new game zone too).

The PPSSPP emu is very cheap in terms of HW resources and it doesn't allocate more than 32Mb of RAM at the moment, i could be able to run the EBOOT on a PSVita with Adrenaline emulator which can be set to allocate up to 64Mb of RAM (and in any case the RAM run out quite fast after couple of matches), so basically the PPSSPP emu cannot run all the new features of this game at the moment, sorry.

Probably sooner or later it could be even impossible to load game with PsVita, who knows...

See you.