Wagic PSP release August 2019

Announcements/news by the admins & moderators
Milenko

Re: Wagic PSP release August 2019

Post by Milenko »

How far behind in regards to sets is the PSP build from 16 Oct 2020? Im only using that because the latest lags in game or deck editor even with your suggestions, while that 2020 build works perfectly after adding the text file (using ppsspp on Switch)
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Hi,

I'm not sure, probabily all the sets from November 2020 are missing in that version:

Code: Select all

Commander Collection: Black
Innistrad: Crimson Vow
Crimson Vow Commander
Pioneer Challenge Decks 2021
Innistrad: Midnight Hunt
Midnight Hunt Commander
Jumpstart: Historic Horizons
2020 Heroes of the Realm
Adventures in the Forgotten Realms
Forgotten Realms Commander
Love Your LGS 2021
Modern Horizons 2
Modern Horizons 1 Timeshifts
Historic Anthology 5
Strixhaven: School of Mages
Strixhaven Mystical Archive
Commander 2021
Time Spiral Remastered
Historic Anthology 4
Kaldheim
Kaldheim Commander
Commander Collection: Green
Commander Legends
Kaladesh Remastered
Except these sets, i also implemented a lot of features and cards since that version, so it's normal the RAM of PSP/PSP Emulator can suffer. I tested latest version of Wagic on PSVita Adrenaline emulator and there it's still working fine (of course following my instructions), but i think in future it will be always more difficult to keep compatibility for such old devices. I recommend to play with Android if possible.

Anyway, if you want to exactly know what has been added to Wagic you can take a look to the Changelog: https://github.com/WagicProject/wagic/b ... ANGELOG.md

See you.
Milenko

Post by Milenko »

I've found if I don't add the graphicspsp zip but do add LimitedCardList.txt I have no slowdown issues! Nintendo switch is more than capable of handling it on ppsspp

It says support for 21,750 cards but with the unlock all option there's still only 13375 unique? Is that right?

Thanks for your hard work!
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Milenko wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:36 am I've found if I don't add the graphicspsp zip but do add LimitedCardList.txt I have no slowdown issues! Nintendo switch is more than capable of handling it on ppsspp

It says support for 21,750 cards but with the unlock all option there's still only 13375 unique? Is that right?

Thanks for your hard work!
No it's wrong,

In last version there are 48637 total cards and 21750 unique primitives.

Of course if you use the LimitedCardList.txt the number of primitives is quite less to avoid the RAM usage. Generally, it just loads the minimum database for playing the cards in that list (that covers almost all the pre-made AI decks and more). If you need you can always add new card in your local file to extend the list (of course use just cards that are available in mtg.txt or borderline.txt or planeswalker.txt).

If you use Android or PC version you will not have any limitation.

See you.
Milenko

Post by Milenko »

So it really just needs double the ram it has now? Wonder if ppsspp can be modified for more ram
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Milenko wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:24 am So it really just needs double the ram it has now? Wonder if ppsspp can be modified for more ram
Hi,

I tried to take a look to ppsspp settings but no luck there.

I can’t help on this, sorry.
Milenko

Post by Milenko »

I guess removing duplicate cards that are in multiple sets could help, but that would be a massive job
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Milenko wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:20 am I guess removing duplicate cards that are in multiple sets could help, but that would be a massive job
Hi,

I tried that way too, it’s not solving the problem, the unique primitives now are too much, because in last year all the new features added increased the size of a single primitive and so the total amount of required memory increased significantly.

See you.
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Hi,

I just updated the Wagic version 0.23.1 and i renewed all the links in the previous post: http://wololo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... =20#p99279

Let me know it there is any problem with new version, see you soon ;)
Milenko

Post by Milenko »

Did some asking and seems ppsspp homebrew can be compiled to have more ram

https://ibb.co/vc2vzsG